Hello Guest

Pic of my shiny (protect your eyes) Allis Chalmers WC

• 2 Replies
« on: March 11, 2015, 05:53:52 PM »
OK, maybe I need to wax it again...
I have had this a while and done nothing with it yet. It was given to me by a neighbor. I believe it is a better tractor than it looks like. Other than the bent steering shaft everything that is there works. Even both turning brakes (at least one is almost always stuck). The steering itself is good and I have carefully turned it by hand checking all of the gears and everything feels quite good. A lot of these old WC's (this one was styled) have been trashed in the tranny from running  brush cutters so surely an engine should not be to hard to find pretty cheap. I might even do something more imaginative if I get a chance but there are too many delayed jobs in the pipe ahead of it for now.
Multi year health problems can really wreak havoc on scheduling of any kind. It gets really hard to catch up as the more laid up you get the faster stuff manages to quit on you.:(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]822[/ATTACH]

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 06:03:47 PM »
Just air up the tires and it will be good to go...

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:33:49 PM »
Quote from: Alan Riley;2595
Just air up the tires and it will be good to go...

Walk past her with a rattle can and it will be show ready.  

Seriously though, that is an ambitious project.  I think I remember when that one followed you home.  Looks like I am not the only optimist that adopts orphans.  Likewise I cannot keep up with the running tractors let alone get to the non runners.  Know how you feel.

Charlie V.