Hello Guest

Parts Tractors

• 5 Replies
Parts Tractors
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:52:58 AM »
I am thinking about cleaning out a few projects I will never get to.  I have about 15 tractors that could go, some need alot of work, some not too much.  I was thinking about organizing a parts tractor auction, I wonder if anyone would come?  I'd like to get several other people together to thin out their collections at the same time (get 100+ parts tractors).  Maybe a better idea would be a parts tractor swap, like they do with hockey equipment, but on a larger, heavier scale.  I have been disappointed by most "swap meets" where most of the stuff is flea market crap.  Do you think the idea would catch on?

Parts Tractors
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »
If you have a lot of parts tractors at an auction, the primary buyers will be the scrap metal dealers.:D

Part of the problem with parts tractors is that there are fewer buyers. You have to find someone that needs some of the parts and in most cases it is a parts tractor because the most needed parts are usually already gone.

could possibly work if it was for one brand of tractor.  Give you a better chance of having people buy parts tractors that they don't have an immediate need for but can see some future possible need.

Parts Tractors
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 10:01:16 PM »
I suppose you're right.  Maybe it's best if I just hang onto them.  Most are actually complete and would make good projects, every now and then I see someone advertise that they are looking for something that I have and one goes to a new home.  I just need to free up some space so I can find something else to fill it :)

Parts Tractors
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 11:00:22 PM »
I would try an ad in Antique Power. You just might move a few of them with winter coming on (more shop time for most folks).

Parts Tractors
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 08:10:06 AM »
I this month's Green Magazine talks about a collector who sold his lot of tractors to Mcgrew Tractor.

Parts Tractors
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 02:08:19 PM »
Try posting an ad on Smokestak. That site gets a lot of traffic.

Dave
Dave E