Hello Guest

Problem adding photos to new forum

• 11 Replies
« on: December 29, 2009, 03:16:39 PM »
I just tried to add some photos from my computer desktop into one of my albums.

It doesn't work for me.  Don't know if it is working for other people or not.

RG8800

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 05:15:53 PM »
I haven't tried that yet George but I have had no problem linking photos here from my fotki album.
What I have had problem with is trying to display an avatar like Spencer has. I guess that feature is not availble to us yet. I have a good profile picture uploaded here and thought I could use it as an avatar but not yet.
Ralph in Sask.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 05:25:59 PM »
As Ralph is aware, I have tried to link a photo from Webshots to a post on the old forum and this new forum since December 25. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.  What I have learned is that it will appear here on the forum if I have the Webshots page opened from my PC.  Once I close the Webshots page, the picture will flash into this forum, then quickly disappear, not to be seen again.  I am baffled.  Learning is not always quick and easy.

Charlie V.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:46:15 AM »
I tried again last night from my home computer to upload a photo from my computer to an album.  It also failed.

So at the moment it sounds like you can link to a photo via a URL, but can not update a .jpg file into an album.

Spencer.... will you reply to this thread and let us know the status on this problem?

RG8800

• View Profile
photo uploaded
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »
I was able to upload a photo from my computer this morning so maybe its working now or I just got lucky. Picture of an old McCormick Deering 15-30 at a farm auction sale back in 02.
Sorry, forgot the link, its in my photo album.
Ralph in Sask.

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »
Ralph,

I just tried again and still can't upload a picture.
The .jpg I'm trying is only 36k in size, so it is not a size problem.

RG8800

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »
George are you uploading the photo through "my profile" and the photo album there? Thats where I did mine. Feel free to look into my profile and view the album.
Ralph in Sask.

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 08:15:02 AM »
I too am not able to upload new photos to my albums in spite of many attempts. Photos are small in size.  Largest is 72 kb.  The system will not resize them as it did prior with old software.  If you try a larger photo you will get an error message that photo must be lesss than 100 kb.  Error message for photos of legal size is error #2038 when little red ball is pointed to.  Very frustrating.  I feel your pain, George.

Charlie V.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 01:11:34 PM »
Just tried again to see if I could upload photos.  Still getting errors and can't do it.

Has anyone been in contact with Spencer?  I've tried sending him email at various addresses but so far no responses.
Also noticed that he hasn't been on the forum since he switched us over to the new format.

Seems a bit cruel to make major changes then not be around for any support when people are having problems with the changes.

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »
Ralph,

As you are the only user to successfully upload a photo from your PC to one of your albums, could you find time to post a step by step of how you did it.  George and I still get the red ball 500 error message.  Either the forum is tired of us, or we are missing a critical turn.

Thanks,

Charlie V.

RG8800

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 03:22:23 PM »
Quote from: Charlie V;1069
Ralph,

As you are the only user to successfully upload a photo from your PC to one of your albums, could you find time to post a step by step of how you did it.  George and I still get the red ball 500 error message.  Either the forum is tired of us, or we are missing a critical turn.

Thanks,

Charlie V.

Hi Charlie. Well its been a while (more than a day) so I will have to do it over again as I have forgotten the details. Here goes to see if I can post one from my Fotki album.
[/URL][/IMG]
So heres what I did...........I have the photo already online in a fotki (or webshots) album. In the reply box where I typing my reply I paste the link from fotki or webshots. They give you the link there under "share" or "link to it".
That about all I can tell you but feel free to ask if you still have problems. I'll try another one.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 03:25:47 PM by RG8800 »
Ralph in Sask.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »
Looks like this 300 is one of those steer with the wheel brakes situations in this picture.  My 8N ford would ride like that when pushing too much dirt.