Hello Guest

Tulare California Antique Tractor Show

• 7 Replies
« on: April 06, 2009, 10:13:45 AM »
Anybody here or know of anybody going to the show on the 18th of this month?
This year I'm leaving the Titan home and taking my 1928 John Deere model D.
Dave E

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »
Dave,

Wish I was going, but doesn't look like I'll make it.  This will be the 2nd year in a row of missing the Tulare show.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »
I'm currently doing touch up yellow paint on the wheels. Anybody noticed that the yellow paint purchased through the JD dealer doesn't seem to cover well? Almost like no pigment.
Dave E

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 08:57:17 AM »
I have not purchased any Deere paint recently but it used to excellent at coverage. I have heard that paint companies will be mandated by law to change paint formulas to water based instead of oil-based. Your paint could be the new paint formula.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:55:55 AM »
I use gasoline to remove it from my hands, then soap and water. I know this stuff is VOC compliant, but it goes on thick and the coverage looks good when wet. After it dries you can see right through it. I seems work better over red primer, not grey.
Dave E

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:50:11 AM »
Dave,

Tell us about the Tulare show.

I've missed the Tulare show the past two years now.  It is one of my favorite California shows, so I really hate having to miss it.

How was the weather and do you think the number of exibitors was up or down

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »
The crowds were the same if not more on Saturday. Sunday was a bust, no crowd and exhibitors along with venders were packing up early as 10 am.
The exhibitor side was very full as usual with the same clubs and lots of exhibits. The swap meet area had quite a few empty spaces. The auction on Saturday was overflowing. Lots of sunshine and in the mid 80s.
People were looking for things so you got several plugs for your magazine...
Found an excellent steakhouse in Visalia too....
Dave E

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 05:49:51 PM »
Forgot to mention there were very few engine buying opportunities. The ones there were all the common brands and priced above market. The auction sold a 3 horse Novo vertical, stuck, water hopper completely broken through with loose pieces of it laying there for $350. Insane! Sold the little home made tractor with the LUC engine and model A transmision for $625. Made me feel better..
Dave E