Hello Guest

Almost 700 members

• 8 Replies
Almost 700 members
« on: January 07, 2009, 02:11:49 PM »
I see that we're getting close to 700 members.  Unfortunately, amost all the members we've added in the last 6 months are not really people interested in the forums.

Wonder who the last new member is that actually posted a message on any of the forums?

Almost 700 members
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:54:19 AM »
None of them. I've sent Spenser a couple of emails alerting him of a couple of really questionable member names.
Dave E

Almost 700 members
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:33:28 PM »
What I don't understand is why more folks from the mailing lists won't participate in this site? I have made several plugs or references to pictures someone posted but aside from one fellow it has generated no traffic.

Almost 700 members
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:13:12 PM »
Shut down the tractor list, that'll do something.............
Dave E

Almost 700 members
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 11:18:39 PM »
I haven't been part of the ATIS tractor list in many years.  Mostly since I became primarily a engine collector.  I've been on the engine list for years and must say that the email list is just barely hanging on compared to what was posted years ago.

Although I kind of like email lists it is obvious that discussion forums have taken over.  At the time ATIS was created there were many people that only had email access and could not access the internet.  I think those days are pretty well over and don't know if there is anyone with only email access.

Wouldn't bother me if Spencer pulled the plug on the email lists, but I'm sure that is not likely to happen as long as a couple people are still using the lists.

It does  bother me that Spencer hasn't done more to promote this forum or even included a link to it from the ATIS website.  But guess that he is either too busy or has his own reasons for letting these forums attract more hobby people.

We do seem to attract a fair number of bogus members though.:rolleyes:

Almost 700 members
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 12:01:27 PM »
There's an album function here with individual member folder options. I think I'll start a couple and see what happens. Spenser had a seperate ATIS album set up, but He's pulled the plug on that one.
Dave E

Almost 700 members
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
Up to 840 members now. Wonder who they are. Some really wierd handles....
Dave E

Almost 700 members
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
Bet we pass the 900 mark before the end of this month!

Too bad they will most likely be bogus members added by spammers trying to exploit security weaknesses.

I win
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 01:52:36 PM »
I win!
We're at 910 members and still have the rest of the week to go.
At this rate we'll reach a 1000 members in no time.
Too bad they are not real members.