Hello Guest

My TD6 Crawler is stuck!

• 7 Replies
My TD6 Crawler is stuck!
« on: January 28, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »
Hi Group,
The previous owner installed a new headgasket about a year ago and pinched it during installation. Water got into a cylinder and it's stuck! My question is what's the best way to unstick it?
Thanks,

My TD6 Crawler is stuck!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »
I think the best way is disassembly but I would remove all the injectors and put lots of diesel or your favorite penetrating oil in each cylinder for a few days and try turning it over by hand if you can.  Try and rock "back and forth" for best results.

Gary
Renton, WA

My TD6 Crawler is stuck!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 04:51:11 PM »
Did you get it unstuck?

TD6 is stuck
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:15:08 PM »
No George, I didn't get it unstuck....waiting for warm weather now!

My TD Crawler is stuck
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »
I also must add...I have had PB Blaster in the cylinders for the good part of a year. We tried to bump it to break it loose at first, but need to try it again after soaking. Anyone have any more or different ideas?

My TD6 Crawler is stuck!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:23:07 AM »
The only safe and intelligent way is to remove the head, clean the cylinder walls and then turn the engine over in the direction that moves the piston away from where the water was. If more than one cylinder is rusty, rock it back in forth gently and remove rust as it becomes visible. You risk breaking rings and scoring cylinder walls if you don't remove all the rust you can.
Good luck!
Dave E

My TD6 crawler is stuck
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »
Thanks Dave,
I'll remove the head and follow that suggestion....(when it gets a little warmer!)  

My TD6 is stuck
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:04:05 PM »
Also, when and if i get it unstuck, anyone know of a source to get a new headgasket?