Hello Guest

Tulare Farm Show

• 3 Replies
Tulare Farm Show
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:39:50 AM »
Just a couple of pictures. One indicating the amount of people, the other showing the speed readout of my Garmin GPS while in route.
Dave E

Tulare Farm Show
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:07:06 PM »
Okay Dave.... tell us about your Garmin numbers.

I thought I was fast averaging over 70mph on a 600+ mile trip.  No trick, just drive above speed limit and don't stop long when getting fuel.:D

Also in the other picture, is that Kelley Garcia walking towards the camera?

Tulare Farm Show
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
For all I know, it could be the person you mention, I don't know him.
The only revelant number is on the upper right of the GPS and it is correct.
The aircraft is an upgraded Lear 35, with several performance packages.  The picture shows us decending at about 1200 feet per minute from a previous altitude of 34,000 feet. The aircraft belongs to the pilot who has had it for the last 15 years or so.
Dave E

Tulare Farm Show
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »
I knew it had to be a private or at least a corporate jet. You would have had a lot more dead time traveling on the airline. Not a bad average speed though.
I normally cruise about 140 MPH in my Maule. Have seen 185 on the airspeed and 195 on ground speed readout on descent with a good tailwind. Highest level flight groundspeed was 180... Gene

By the way George, when are you coming back to Portland? Indiana, that is. You were the very first ATIS member I met outside the Ohio group... G.D.