Hello Guest

Massey in the snow

• 8 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
Massey in the snow
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »
The blizzard of the weekend has settled down and now we have some snow drifts to clean up. This shot here was taken in a sheltered area where the snow can not drift, just settle in a nice even blanket. The little Massey gets around surprisingly well with that bale of hay hanging off the spike up front. It was even pushing a little snow with the front axle at times. Just had to avoid those deep drifts that were deeper than the front wheels. :cool:
Ralph in Sask.

Massey in the snow
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »
To those who don't have to be there, that is a beautiful sight and scenery. We lost all of our snow over the weekend with the warm weather, but has turned cold again and have a dusting on the ground now. Spent the morning in the woods splitting wood. Was a wnddy day and about 20 degrees. Not bad in the woods, but pretty raw out in the open.

Gene

RG8800

• View Profile
Massey in the snow
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:10:09 AM »
Not so nice here either Gene. Once I got out of the shelter of the trees there was a strong NW wind causing drifting snow and the temp hovered around the 0  degree mark. I had planned to install the snowblower on the Cockshutt40 but chickened out and took the 2090 Case with the dozer blade and just blazed a trail across the summerfallow field to the main road. A lot more comfortable sitting in the cab compared to sitting on the open 40 with no protection from the wind chiill.
Ralph in Sask.

Massey in the snow
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:41:07 AM »
I am making my first post.  It has been a real bugger getting this far.  Light snow here this morning in Western Iowa.

RG8800

• View Profile
Massey in the snow
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:23:26 PM »
Glad you made it here Ron. The only difficulties I have getting to this forum are the dead dog slow dial up internet service here. I think the frost must have got down to the underground telephone lines this morning. Its even slower than normal. Only -8F but a miserable NW wind making the snow drift across the fields. Hopefully not blowing my trail across the fields closed before I can get to town for mail.
Ralph in Sask.

Massey in the snow
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 02:04:20 PM »
"The little Massey gets around surprisingly well with that bale of hay hanging off the spike up front."

Nice cold picture, Ralph.  Snow and blue sky with 0 degrees are always a pretty combination.  At the risk of repeating myself one more time, I will say it again.  The use of those round bales here in NYS for cattle feed has been banned.  The theory is that a cow cannot get a "square" meal from them.

I know that is corny.

Do you folks use a shortcut on your deskktop to bring you here?  I do for many sights which I visit regularly.  To reduce some of the desktop clutter, I also have a folder there which contains 15 or 20 less frequently used shortcuts.

Charlie V.

RG8800

• View Profile
Massey in the snow
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 05:34:38 PM »
Quote from: Charlie V;1112
"The little Massey gets around surprisingly well with that bale of hay hanging off the spike up front."

Nice cold picture, Ralph.  Snow and blue sky with 0 degrees are always a pretty combination.  At the risk of repeating myself one more time, I will say it again.  The use of those round bales here in NYS for cattle feed has been banned.  The theory is that a cow cannot get a "square" meal from them.

I know that is corny.

Do you folks use a shortcut on your deskktop to bring you here?  I do for many sights which I visit regularly.  To reduce some of the desktop clutter, I also have a folder there which contains 15 or 20 less frequently used shortcuts.

Charlie V.

Charlie, I have never heard that about round bales before. Will have to remember it.
I get to this forum by keeping it in "my favourites". One click and there it is, I'm permanently logged in it seems so its fast access even on dial up.
Ralph in Sask.

Massey in the snow
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 07:45:22 PM »
Quote from: Ron Cook;1110
I am making my first post.  It has been a real bugger getting this far.  Light snow here this morning in Western Iowa.

http://www.atis.net/forums/forum.php

Ron;
Click on this link and when it opens, put it in your favorite files. When you log in, find the line to keep you permanently logged in. Real easy to navigate the different forums by clicking on "forum" at top left header.

Gene
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 07:46:10 PM by Gene Dotson »

Massey in the snow
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 07:20:17 AM »
Quote from: RG8800;1113
Charlie, I have never heard that about round bales before. Will have to remember it.
I get to this forum by keeping it in "my favourites". One click and there it is, I'm permanently logged in it seems so its fast access even on dial up.

It apears your favorites are functionally the same as the shortcut icons, Ralph.  When I am on the page that I will want to return to, I size down the window enough to expose some desktop. Then grab the addy at the top of the desired page, pull it out to the desktop and drop it.  From then on, one click and I am in.

Charlie V.