Hello Guest

REcent Pic of the Cockshutts

• 3 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
« on: February 08, 2010, 04:04:16 PM »
Took this picture a couple of days ago while doing an oil change on the Cockshutt 40. Thought it looked like a good photo opportunity  lined up beside the old 50. The 40 (closest to camera) has had an easy winter so far as I only had to install the snowblower the beginning of this month to open the driveway. Gave the engine a good warm up last week running the belt powered hamer mill for 140 bushels of oats and thought it was  good time for an oil change.
Ralph in Sask.

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 11:19:12 PM »
Ralph;
I grew up near the town of Richwood, Ohio. We have started a new show there and this year we will feature Cockshutt and Co-op. Featured Oliver last year and IH year before that, which was the first year for the show. The Ohio region of the International Cockshutt Club will be joining us for their annual meet. Brothers, Larry and Gary, both have nice Cockshutt 20's and will have them there. Show dates July 23 to 25. Show turned out real nice last year and I will take the camper and spend the whole time there.

Gene

RG8800

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »
Second attempt at this reply. Gene, I'm glad Cocksutt tractors are well represented down south. They were a big Canadian company in the early days of farming. The Cockshutt club puts on a good show in Eastern Canada I hear. Talked to a guy on red power forum who attended and he said it was a good show. He also sent me some interesing info on an aftermarket hydraulic system for the 30-50 Cockshutts that I'd never seen before. Pump ran off the back of the governor.
Ralph in Sask.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 08:03:06 AM »
Ralph;
Cokshutt was not a real common tractor here, but was not uncommon either. Farm Bureau of course sold the Co-op brand and sold many as Cuckshutt brand also. The Cockshutt implement brand here was Black Hawk and still see a Black Hawk planter or drill in auctions. When Farm Bureau closed a lot of their tractory sales a lot of Oliver dealers took on the Cockshutt lines. By this time the Oliver and Cockshutt were the same tractors.

Gene