Hello Guest

Finally on Youtube

• 5 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
Finally on Youtube
« on: March 05, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »
I posted this link on the old forum already but might as well do it here too as this forum could use a little traffic. I transferred some of my old VHS tape and was able to upload some to youtube recently. Its pretty well hopeless on dialup service trying to upload 9. something mb so I used a public access computer at the library with high speed service. This is a learing process for sure but heres a short view of an Oliver 990 pulling at the vintage tractor pulls here back in 1988. One of the most impressive sounding stock tractors I've ever heard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNSfAgrHWSw
Ralph in Sask.

Finally on Youtube
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 10:30:57 PM »
Ralph;
I liked your video on youtube. I also watched a lot of the other ones on there too. Pretty interesting.

I can't figure for the life of me how a video of an Oliver turned into a disagreeable discussion on how to shift a Road Ranger transmission??? Same thing on the Allis with fenders. Don't understand his slanted opinion of what others believe.

Gene

Finally on Youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »
I wondered how I ended up with so many messages that had nothing to do with the original topic.  I guess everyone starts to wander now and then, at least the list comes alive every now and then.

RG8800

• View Profile
Finally on Youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 01:45:19 AM »
Too bad we couldn't pull some of that traffic over to this forum and get some talk going here. Its a little un-inspiring to start conversations and end up talking to myself. But thanks for looking at the videos. I have plans to get a bit more on youtube as time permits.
Ralph in Sask.

Finally on Youtube
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:12:06 AM »
Be careful what you wish for Ralph. (grin)  I sometimes end up talking to myself when I start a thread on the list.  I guess it depends on timing of the content, etc.  I think trying to compete with all of the lists is like trying to compete with Walmart.  I will say that the posters here are are great people and I think we would be a little suprised if we knew how many readers frequent this forum but  do not speak.

Charlie V.

Finally on Youtube
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:19:25 AM »
Yes, there seems to be a lot of guests viewing the threads when you look at who's online. Usually 1 or 2 members and 5 or 6 guests.
I think the attraction to the main list is that it is not necessary to log into a seperate link to get the new messages. Just sit there and wait for the messages and ideas to come from someone else. There has been a lot of the better contributors who have left because of the few who try to dominate and convince their beliefs are the only way. I don't like that attitude at all. I am a person who likes a good debate, but when debate turns to argument, I lose all interest.

Gene