Hello Guest

Tractor Parade

• 6 Replies
Tractor Parade
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:57:02 AM »
A few pictures from 9/18 parade. Perfect day.

Tractor Parade
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »
Charlie - Looks like nice weather to go with nice tractors. Tractor parades make for a fun time too.

Tractor Parade
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:23:18 AM »
That little parade just grows each year, Merton.  Something over 100 tractors this year.  Everything from junkers that barely run to nicely restored machines.  All are welcome.  For me it has become more about the happy faces of the people.

Charlie

Tractor Parade
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 08:49:11 AM »
Nice parade pictures Charlie. I enjoy the reaction of the crowds also. I will usually drive in 3 or 4 parades each year. A couple of them I just watch with the rest of the spectators. Entered my golf cart in the West Liberty, Ohio parade with my dog Bandy riding in the box on the back. He got more attention from the spectators than me or the golf cart.

Gene

Tractor Parade
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:22:47 PM »
Its been many many years since I drove a tractor in a parade (excluding parades at tractor shows).
In fact it has got to be over 30 years and the tractor I drove in a town parade was my first running Fordson which had been converted to rubber tires.
Back then I didn't even own a trailer and had to drive the Fordson all the way into town for the parade and drive it back home again.
About 6 miles each way which makes for a long trip on a old worm gear Fordson!

I'm hoping to start driving in parades again in the near future.  Possibly next year.
I've been having my Empire tractor rebuilt so I can take part in tractor drives.
Thought the Empire tractor would be perfect for doing tractor drives as it should be able to maintain a pretty decent road speed for an old tractor.

George

Tractor Parade
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 10:10:15 AM »
That 340 sure caught my eye. I take it is a high crop. I guess I had not seen a 340, but that is a nice size tractor.
Paul

Tractor Parade
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 01:04:21 PM »
Paul,
I am not sure if that is a high crop or not.  It does look a little tall in the picture.  I am guessing the hood may have been changed as that style would normally be a Farmall label.  The utility and industrial models would be International.  I have a 340 Utility and they are a nice machine with plenty of power plus power steering and usually a live PTO.  
Charlie V.