Hello Guest

A Long Day Gets Longer

• 1 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
A Long Day Gets Longer
« on: April 27, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »
I'd put in a pretty good long day getting numerous things done around the yard and was about ready to call it a day by 6:00. Decided to drag the blade over the driveway to smooth it out. Tractor dropped into a hole and I discovered I have a culvert washing out. Great! Spent another hour hauling small rocks to try and at least make it passable for the time being . Then feed the cattle a couple of bales so I can remove the bale spear from the front end loader and install the bucket to do road repairs. Bale feeding became complicated when the Massey dropped to the front axle about 15 feet from the bale feeder. Thanks to the big 2090 and nylon tow rope I was able to pull it back to the surface , chain onto the feeder and move it to higher ground where it should be more solid. 8:00, time for supper and call it a day.
Ralph in Sask.

A Long Day Gets Longer
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:20:36 AM »
That is a terrible situation, Ralph.  I guess we can safely assume that all frost is out of the ground!  It seems the only bright side for you is that 95% of your snow is gone, so barring rain, the water supply may be pretty well depleated.

Charllie V.