Hello Guest

Okay, it's not Portland, but still a good day

• 2 Replies
« on: July 22, 2011, 04:47:48 PM »
Today was the day for the annual company picnic, and it was everything a summer company picnic ought to be:  Mostly a goof-off afternoon, lots of tasty artery-clogging food, blissfully few speeches by the boss, blazing heat.

One of the recurring events at the picnic is an all-comers cruise-in, where people from the various shops and departments show whatever vehicle they want to display.  An old Studebaker, couple of new Mustangs, '57 Willys jeep, 2007 Mercedes-Benz Crossover, big old beautifully restored Plymouth, gorgeous mid-50s Chevy pickup, etc.  Last year I admired the pickup and thought my faithful Super M would look good next to it, so this year I drove the tractor to work (about 12 miles, 45 minutes) and parked it next to the pickup at the cruise-in.

I told the show organizers I didn't want the tractor to compete in the popularity judging, just wanted to display it with the other old vehicles, but they decided if the show can include a 57 jeep and a 2007 Mercedes it probably has room for an old tractor.  So I cleaned up:  First prize in both the "People's Choice" and "Ladies' Choice" categories.  I was embarrassed, but eventually decided that I've been waiting 50 years to be the Ladies' Choice in something so I might as well take what I can get.  :)

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
http://www.vinsonfarm.net

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »
Congratulations, Dean.

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful tractor. Bet the ladies would love to ride with you.

Maybe see it at Portland in a couple years when they fearure Farmall. A C gang drove tractors from Michigan a couple years ago when they featured Allis Chalmers.

Gene

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »
Dean;

I did a mapquest to Portland and it is only about 71 miles. Just a nice morning jaunt on the SM.

Gene