Hello Guest

Another new engine

• 5 Replies
Another new engine
« on: December 08, 2008, 12:36:57 PM »
I bought a 12hp Ingeco sideshaft this weekend.
I'll pick it up in March when I go to the Cottonwood AZ show.

Will be a long 3 months waiting to see it in person:(

But I'll have that time to play with the 18hp Stover which should arrive later this month :D

Heres a link to the Ingeco.

http://www.irontrader.com/graphics/Ingeco12hp.jpg

Another new engine
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 09:41:04 AM »
Good looking engine. My problem when it comes to larger engines is the size, for example where am I going to put it, or if I take it to display is there a forklift or do I build a dedicated trailer?
I finally had enough with the engine storage area so full a person had to move 3 to get to one. Wally World solved the problem. Built a bigger store and had an auction at the old one. Bought lots of their heavy duty storage racks, cleaned out the area and put engines up on them. Heavier engines stay on the floor and are rolled beneath. It was a really good idea then, but now I gotta move more engines out of the way for the forklift.................
Dave E

Another new engine
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »
Looks like I'll need to buy a forklift:rolleyes:

Actually, the Ingeco will be a bit of a problem.  My Bobcat with forks can only lift a ton, while the Ingeco will be just over 2 tons.:eek:

To begin with, I'll have to find a spot for the Ingeco, and it will basically stay there until I figure a way to move it.

Another new engine
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »
How do you pronounce Ingeco? Was it a originally a company such as Inge Company and they abbreviated? Inge-Co?
Where's it from?
Dave E

Another new engine
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »
Dave,

INGECO is INternational Gas Engine COmpany.

George

Another new engine
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:33:17 PM »
Quote from: GeorgeBest;459
Looks like I'll need to buy a forklift:rolleyes:

Actually, the Ingeco will be a bit of a problem.  My Bobcat with forks can only lift a ton, while the Ingeco will be just over 2 tons.:eek:

To begin with, I'll have to find a spot for the Ingeco, and it will basically stay there until I figure a way to move it.

George,
You have a good month yet.
Build a dedicated trailer for that INGECO.
Get some measuremants to make sure it has the right spacing for bolting down the engine.
Take the trailer with you to the Cottonwood AZ show.
If you don't have room to get the trailered engine inside then make sure the trailer has a solid deck so it will be easy to enclose it all the way.