Hello Guest

The Best Show on Tracks

• 9 Replies
The Best Show on Tracks
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »
For people in the western states and for for those that like to travel, there is a very historic show coming up in California in June.

http://www.bestshowontracks.org/

Richard (rick427) I hope to see you there :)

George

The Best Show on Tracks
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 08:30:56 PM »
George: Looks like a great show. Would Dan be related to you?? I would really like to come out to the left coast for this one. If I could find a way -Gene, how many hours/days would it take flying out in the Maule?? :)

- Steve
Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA
sewell@atis.net
sewell@ohio.edu

The Best Show on Tracks
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 05:11:13 PM »
Steve - I can't say that I'm related to the Best family that made steamers, and crawlers in California.  I do know that my great uncle met C.L. Best one time and the two of them thought they were cousins somehow.  However, I've never found a connection between my family tree and that of the other Best family.  Maybe this summer I'll talk to Dan Best and his father and they may have some information that would link the families.  If there is a connection I bet it would be way back like in the 1700's.

The show should be one not to miss!   This isn't an annual show, but is a special show being put on to bring together a lot of historical tractors on the west coast.

Besides the Best, Holt, Caterpillar tractors, they are trying to get most all of the prairie tractors in California to attend the show.  Also trying to get a lot of California engines at the show.

The Best Show on Tracks
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 12:35:50 AM »
George, I made my Motel 6 reservations in Woodland many months ago and am really looking forward to this once in a lifetime show.  

See ya there!

And Steve, if you can possibly make it out, you'd never be sorry.  Hope to see you also.

The Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owner's Club Bulletin Board site has more info about the show and some of the rare crawlers that will be there:

http://www.acmoc.org/ACMOC_BB/showthread.php?t=597

Richard

The Best Show on Tracks
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 06:26:41 AM »
Quote from: Steve Sewell;91
George: Looks like a great show. Would Dan be related to you?? I would really like to come out to the left coast for this one. If I could find a way -Gene, how many hours/days would it take flying out in the Maule?? :)

- Steve

Sorry Steve, I can't make it that weekend. There will be a whole lot of Cubs converging at Mockingbird Hill that weekend... Gene

The Best Show on Tracks
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 01:00:43 PM »
Quote from: rick427;95
George, I made my Motel 6 reservations in Woodland many months ago and am really looking forward to this once in a lifetime show.  

See ya there!

Richard

Richard - I've made reservations at the Best Western Shadow Inn.  I stayed there a few months ago for the Woodland swap meet hosted by EDGE&TA Branch 13.

George

Tulare
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »
Just came home from there where they had a very impressive display of crawlers and one wheel tractor.  Weather there was chilly and windy and they had mag problems on two of the machines, one Holt and one Best.  The VanDeer (spelling) group was displaying a Best 60 and 30. Painted gloss black with gold lettering. Beautiful tractors. They are making reproduction fuel tanks that are exact duplicates of the original tanks, and not cheap. I bought a top seat -long tank for my 30.

Dave
Dave E

The Best Show on Tracks
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 05:50:40 PM »
Dave,

Are you referring to the Tulare show?  I know that was this past weekend.

The Best Show on Tracks hasn't happened yet.  It is in June at Woodland CA.

Although the name of the show is "Best Show on Tracks" it is open to exhibitors of all makes/models of tractors and engines.

Should be the biggest show in the west this year!

Tulare
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 02:56:12 PM »
George, I forgot the reference in that post. Tom Madden and crew were at Tulare displaying a booth, tractors and signs promoting the Woodland show.
Sorry,
Dave
Dave E

The Best Show on Tracks
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 11:26:03 AM »
Just over 3 weeks till the show!  This has got to be one of the best shows on the west coast this year.

We'll have our W.A.I.T. booth at the show so if you're there be sure to stop by and say hi.