Hello Guest

Slow start

• 8 Replies
Slow start
« on: December 20, 2007, 12:18:31 PM »
Thanks to Spencer for adding this new discussion forum.

However, it seems that it is getting off to a slow start.  Not sure if there are already enough discussion forums out there that people don't feel a need to post to a new one.

Maybe everyone is just busy getting ready for Christmas :)

RG8800

• View Profile
Slow start
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:34:17 PM »
Quote from: George;30

However, it seems that it is getting off to a slow start.  Not sure if there are already enough discussion forums out there that people don't feel a need to post to a new one.

Yes, its a bit slow but people could be busy with other things too. Well we can always post a picture for discussion. Complain about the weather or whatever else comes to mind. Heres one from way back in 1970. New shed under construction as a winter project. Dad on one of his favourite jobs , pushing snow with the Cockshutt 50.
Ralph in Sask.

Slow start
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 01:56:12 PM »
It is going to take a while to catch on. I hope that it does, I like the ability to "overlook" threads when needed.

Slow start
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 02:43:46 PM »
neat pict. Ralph.  The picture angle sure makes that 50 look like a clydesdale.
That's a real tractor:)

Gary

Slow start
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 03:17:29 PM »

I would say a slow start is expected - at least I did.   ATIS has been know for the mailing lists, not the bulletin boards.  Last year when I disabled the boards I had initially for security reasons, it took me a while to find one (this one:  vBulletin) that was as secure as one could hope for a commercial product.

I hope everyone experiments with all the features, including pictures.  The multimedia feature of bulletin boards is one of the things that I think makes them nice.   This experimentation will help to motivate and encourage others as well.

Spencer Yost
-------------------------------------------------
More tractors than time.....

Mike

Slow start
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 06:48:13 PM »
Thanks Spencer,
I think this will be a nice addition, especially with the option to be able to post pictures.

Mike

Slow start
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 09:03:05 PM »

George

I expect there will be a lot of wait and see till people accept the new site. Many  of us go kicking and screaming into new knowledge. Some are just scared of change.:confused:

Looking at the membership list I see that many have registered. :) Some are familiar names :D and some new aliases... Gene

Slow start
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 09:38:53 PM »
Just like list traffic is sometimes slow, I suspect we will see the same thing here at times. Worst part is having to learn the new aliases!

Slow start
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 10:11:54 PM »
Quote from: John Hall;40
Just like list traffic is sometimes slow, I suspect we will see the same thing here at times. Worst part is having to learn the new aliases!

Well, at least we already know who RG8800 is!:D  Some of the others may take a while though.