Hello Guest

Heidric Auction Photos 9-05

• 10 Replies
« on: December 20, 2007, 11:13:06 PM »
Thanks, Spencer, for kicking off this new forum.

Maybe some of you would be interested in seeing photos I took at the Fred Heidrich auction in Woodland, CA in September 2005.  Fred was a lifetime collector and accumulator of old iron from all over nothern CA.  The auction lasted two days, was conducted by Aumann Auctions, and bidders came from all over the globe, drawn by the rarer items, like the English steam cable plow.

Whoops, I was trying to post nine images and just got my knuckles rapped through cyber-space!  So I'll have to settle for four.  Spencer, is there any reason to limit us to only four images?  The two antique Caterpillar forums I'm on (likewise run by v-bulletin) are set up for a lot more per post. Could you maybe bump that up to at least eight or ten?  Not a very strong complaint, just a suggestion.

-  Richard Walker

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 11:29:38 PM »
Quote from: rick427;44
Thanks, Spencer, for kicking off this new forum.

Maybe some of you would be interested in seeing photos I took at the Fred Heidrich auction in Woodland, CA in September 2005.  Fred was a lifetime collector and accumulator of old iron from all over nothern CA.  The auction lasted two days, was conducted by Aumann Auctions, and bidders came from all over the globe, drawn by the rarer items, like the English steam cable plow.

Whoops, I was trying to post nine images and just got my knuckles rapped through cyber-space!  So I'll have to settle for four.  Spencer, is there any reason to limit us to only four images?  The two antique Caterpillar forums I'm on (likewise run by v-bulletin) are set up for a lot more per post. Could you maybe bump that up to at least eight or ten?  Not a very strong complaint, just a suggestion.

-  Richard Walker

Just upped it to 12 - Thanks for letting me know about the limit.
-------------------------------------------------
More tractors than time.....

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:32:37 PM »
Round two of photos.  - Richard

RG8800

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 01:13:53 AM »
Looks like a dandy sale Richard. Lots of unrestored old iron there. I've got a few auction sale pictures I might get around to posting one of these days.
Ralph in Sask.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 04:18:52 PM »
Great pictures, Richard. Thanks for posting them. Spencer I really like this new option we have. The picture are really clear and don't take hardly anytime to load on roadrunner.

- Steve
Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA
sewell@atis.net
sewell@ohio.edu

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 09:58:55 PM »
What is the next to the last photo of? I see it has a Holt engine but can't tell if it is an early Crawler or some specialized machine.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 11:03:16 AM »
John, that is an old Holt 75, the model with the big front tiller wheel.  Many years ago a Sacramento area farmer cut the frame rails so he could use the engine as a stationary pumping engine for irrigation.  

- Richard

Restored Holt 75 at the Ag Expo museum in Tulare, CA

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 03:36:24 PM »
Restored Holt 75 at the Ag Expo museum in Tulare, CA,

Nice tractor, but I've been trying to get them to let me loan them the correct magneto for it.

DaveE
Dave E

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 10:15:46 PM »
Thanks guys! I thought it was a crawler but am not familiar enough with them to ID a photo of one in that bad of condition.

RG8800

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 01:06:32 PM »
Following the auction sale thread, here is one that I took back in 03 of a huge farm antique auction. There were several trailers of goodies like this one with all the magnetos, etc.
Ralph in Sask.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 09:12:01 PM »
More from the Heidrich auction.  BTW, still can't post more than four, Spencer.   - Richard

"The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:  
You have included 10 images in your message. You are limited to using 4 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.
Images include use of smilies, the vB code