Hello Guest

Rock Island Heider

• 3 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
Rock Island Heider
« on: December 23, 2007, 01:16:03 PM »
I'd mentioned this old Rock Island Heider tractor over on the ATIS discussion list. Thought a picture here might of some interest.
Ralph in Sask.

Rock Island Heider
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 02:44:32 PM »
Bet you wish that one was still in the family! We never had any family farm photos with equipment in them until around the 50's.

RG8800

• View Profile
Rock Island Heider
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 03:51:04 PM »
Quote from: John Hall;70
Bet you wish that one was still in the family! We never had any family farm photos with equipment in them until around the 50's.

So true John. I am lucky to have the few pictures that I do of the early days of farming this land. See those big fenders on the Heider? I have those leaning against the side of the barn. That curved corrugated iron roof was saved and used as an ice house roof in later years. The big channel iron frame rails that the engine sat between were saved and used to extend the frame of a home built bale wagon in the early 1970s. The round cast iron seat survived and I used it to make a small welding table. Being careful not to burn any holes in it.:D
Ralph in Sask.

Rock Island Heider
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 05:51:57 AM »
Nice to hear that it survived in some way. It's always nice with old things that still are useful.