Hello Guest

Grandpa's MF 50

• 2 Replies
Grandpa's MF 50
« on: December 23, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »
My wife and I have been together for 12 years now and I've been after her Uncle Rick to sell me Grandpa's tractor.  Last summer he finally relented and we hauled it back to Northern Michigan in Sept.  It's got 3,300 original hours, runs great but does need a clutch.  Zach, my son, is especially tickled to have it.  His kindergarten class came out to our or his pumpkin patch last fall for pumpkins and a hayride.  He was very pleased and told everyone that the tractor pulling the wagon was his Great Grandpa's.

RG8800

• View Profile
Grandpa's MF 50
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
Quote from: Corley5;72
It's got 3,300 original hours, runs great but does need a clutch.  Zach, my son, is especially tickled to have it.  His kindergarten class came out to our or his pumpkin patch last fall for pumpkins and a hayride.  He was very pleased and told everyone that the tractor pulling the wagon was his Great Grandpa's.

Nice little Massey alright. It has the same sheet metal as my Super 90 so would be the same series. Mine is about a 1964 model with the Perkins diesel. Its my general purpose chore tractor and the front end loader is really handy. It runs every week in the winter to put round bales out in the cattle feeders.
Ralph in Sask.

Grandpa's MF 50
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 04:26:59 PM »
This one is a 1958.  One of the first MF 50s made after the MH 50 and the F 40s were discontinued.  It has the Z134 Continental gas engine.  Nice little tractor with power steering, live pto and hydraulic remotes.  We're glad to have it