Hello Guest

New engine in time for Christmas!

• 1 Replies
New engine in time for Christmas!
« on: November 30, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »
I made a deal on Friday for an engine that hopefully will be delivered to my place before Christmas!

I'll post pictures when it arrives.  Until it arrives I'd rather not post as it isn't a done deal until the engine is actually in route.

I'll just say it is a large portable engine on original cart with screen cooling.

Novo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
Looks like I'm accidentally going into the Novo collecting business. I have a restored 3 hp/wico fired, but I wanted an earlier version so I ended up with a 3hp/coil ignition style and while with the gentleman I spotted an unusual 1 1/2hp one. Most are 2 horsepower, so I latched onto it. It's an early coil fired style also. At the swap meet in Woodland a 4hp/coil fired one jumped in the back of my pickup. I guess 6 hp and up is in the future. I know they are a fairly common engine, but anything vertical nowdays seems to be my preference. I've got a 2 hp Fairbanks T, but the larger ones are scarce as hens teeth, besides Novos are cheaper at the moment. All of them need the TLC treatment, so soon as I finish the current shop project I'm going into the Novo business. I'll post pic's when I start.
Dave
Dave E