Hello Guest

Members

• 13 Replies
Members
« on: November 25, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »
Well, this morrning I see we are up to 6,888 members. Phew!
Dave E

Members
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »
Too bad those aren't real members :(

Only 53 members have posted anything since day 1, and 20 of those have only posted 1 message.

Doing a quick check it appears that only 7 of us have posted something in the past month.  Only 3 of us have made it to Senior Member status (100+ postings) and 6 have made it to Member status (10+ postings).

Not real good considering the thousands of members we have :rolleyes:

Members
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:20:45 PM »
Sounds like "Good News/Bad News" I hope this forum can continue but it takes more than 7 members posting for it to work. I do not know the solution.

Members
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 02:14:45 PM »
Dave knows, but I'm not sure if any of the rest of you know that I publish a monthly publication for this hobby.

It's primary focus is the western states, but we have subscribers from several countries as well as almost all of the states (with a few eastern states missing).

In the January issue of Western Antique Iron Trader I'll try putting in a plug for this website.  I'm sure that would give us a couple days of people checking us out and maybe we'd actually get a few new people to post.

(someone remind me the middle of December, as I might forget)

Members
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 10:01:59 AM »
This morning under "your notifications" I had 15 messages, all in a language  that looked similar to Arabic.
Dave E

Members
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
I did too :( All from the same user.

You can select them and then delete them all at once.

I thought they had more of a Russian or slavic look.

Just hope this isn't a sample of the next attack on this forum.

Members
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 07:32:36 PM »
Hi Guys,

I do not know what to thank for the popularity, but I had 18 messages in two days, the first ever.  Someone sure has extra time on their hands. The bad news is I do not know if this person is praying for me or cursing at me.  Oh well.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holilday.

Charlie V.

Members
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 08:16:25 AM »
I too was hit with the "Russian" message machine. Deleted too. Hope that's the end of it.

Members
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 11:36:51 AM »
I deleted 15 of those messages yesterday.  Then today I see I have 4 or 5 more messages from the same guy.  Deleted those too.

Guess this will be another challenge for Spencer to try to deal with.  Or maybe he'll just pull the plug and say a forum for 7 people isn't worth the amount of work it takes.

Members
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »
Gosh fellows, I feel slighted. I only got 9 Russian messages. Maybe a Russian site for elegible wives? I see they were sent to a few other members too, including Spencer. Hope I didn't miss my chance of a lifetime... Gene

Members
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 11:05:44 AM »
I'm posting just so you know I'm here.  I read the boards almost everyday, although most days there is nothing new.  I am a little short on things to post right now, but I am always greatful for the answers I receive when I do post.

Members
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »
Gene , I think you may have only missed troubles of a lifetime in this case!

Members
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 11:24:23 AM »
I see we're now well past the 7000 mark!  Unfortunately, I can't remember the last time a new member joined and was for real and posted a real message to the group.

I guess we should be thankful Spencer is keeping the bogus subscribers from posting messages.  Although some of us did get the Russian private messages a few days ago, but none since.

Members
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 11:31:46 PM »
Well, I'm not a new member but this is the first time to check into the forum since 7/7/08.:(   And no, I'm not Russian!:D