Hello Guest

A little red paint

• 4 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
A little red paint
« on: July 05, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
I got tired of the rusty hood on the front of the Cockshutt 40 recently. There was just more rust than paint on it. I taped over the original decals to save them and after sanding most of the surface rust off, I sprayed a little red paint on it. Its just a cheap Princess Auto paint spray attachment for my air compressor but it did a fairly decent job. The paint was an old hardware store variety that had sat in the shed for the past 30 years or so.  I took this picture of it yesterday while cutting a bit of hay. Now it looks like the rest of the hood should get the same treament. :D
Ralph in Sask.

A little red paint
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 06:58:10 AM »
Amazing what a little fresh paint will do for the character of our favorite machines. My Case 430 had a rusty battery cover when I bought it. It ws in good shape, just rusty. I took it off and blasted it in the bead blast cabinet and gave it a good coat of gray primer. 5 years later it is still gray primer, but not rusty.

Gene

A little red paint
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:15:24 AM »
That treatment would certainly change some of mine, Ralph.  I need lots of green, yellow, a couple of IH reds and some IH cream and some Ford grey and some redbelly red and some.............................................................I need a nap.  Just thinking about made me tired.  With this 90 degree F weather the paint would dry in the air.

Charlie V.

RG8800

• View Profile
A little red paint
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 03:23:02 PM »
Quote from: Charlie V;1266
That treatment would certainly change some of mine, Ralph.  I need lots of green, yellow, a couple of IH reds and some IH cream and some Ford grey and some redbelly red and some.............................................................I need a nap.  Just thinking about made me tired.  With this 90 degree F weather the paint would dry in the air.

Charlie V.

Charlie, the thought of 90 degrees makes me weak. Its in the sixties here today and actually felt cold out in the wind. If I was riding an open tractor today I'd be well dressed up for the cold. Typical Sask. weather though. Yesterday it was hot riding the Massey raking hay. Felt good to jump in the 2090 and turn on the AC while baling.
Ralph in Sask.

A little red paint
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 08:27:12 AM »
Quote from: RG8800;1267
Charlie, the thought of 90 degrees makes me weak. Its in the sixties here today and actually felt cold out in the wind. If I was riding an open tractor today I'd be well dressed up for the cold. Typical Sask. weather though. Yesterday it was hot riding the Massey raking hay. Felt good to jump in the 2090 and turn on the AC while baling.

Your cooler weather got in here for yesterday, Ralph.  We were low 70's and overcast most of the day.  Very comfortable.  We are going to rush the low 90's again today.  I guess we will survive as we were able to get past last week when the temperature sat on 100.7 for most of one afternoon.  The soil sure dries up fast with that much heat.  Right not it is not very evident that in June we had near record rainfall.  The AC is a big help if one does not mind being shut in.

Charlie V.