Hello Guest

Barn Cleaning

• 6 Replies
Barn Cleaning
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:07:27 PM »
I spent memorial day weekend re-organizing my pole barn and taking a few of the toys out for a drive.  Sadly, it had been three to four years since most have been out in the sunlight, but I carefully started the opperational ones and took them for a ride.  I tried to move them around so I could fit just one more inside, but I failed.  Anyway, attached is a photo of my steel wheel row (the ones I like the best).  They include a 1937 pacemaker, a 1935 JD D, a 1937 Case CC, and a 1938 Case C.  Not in the photo is my 1935 Hart-Parr/Oliver 18-27, also on full steel, but tore apart in the shop.

Enjoy, Joe

Barn Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »
Thats a nice collection on steel--just needs an IHC model in there!

Barn Cleaning
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 04:47:23 PM »
I'm waiting for the perfect 10-20 to show up, I have a great set of side panels and a hood, just need the rest of the tractor.  I would really like a 15-30/22-36 on full steel.  I have rear steel for my H, and wouldn't turn down any of the F series on steel, it's only a matter of time, and oh yeah, space.  It's hard to explain, but I have always liked the steel wheeled stuff better.

Barn Cleaning
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 07:42:02 AM »
I know what you mean about the steel wheels as they are my preference as well. They can be a pain when you are limited to where you can drive them or when it comes to damaging the shop floor. I have 2 rolls of conveyor belting that I drive mine on to get into the shop.

Dad has a 10-20 and it is a great machine. The only bad thing about it is the short angle iron lugs make for a rough ride. My 12-20 Case on the other hand has long lugs and it rides very smooth.

Barn Cleaning
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 05:03:10 PM »
I hope to have a cross motor Case someday, they're on my "bucket" list :)

I have a bunch of 1" thick belting that came from the iron mines in the UP of Michigan, that stuff works great for driving steel wheeled tractors on concrete/asphalt.  Most of the time I just drive them around the field where they can do little harm.

Barn Cleaning
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 09:45:19 PM »
My wish list includes a cross-motor Hart-Parr and one of the small Oil Pulls (12-18 hp range). Of course the way I am progressing with my Titan it will probably be the last one I restore! Let me know if you run across a good deal on some Round-Tuits.

Barn Cleaning
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »
My Grandpa used to keep a stack of those handy in the shop, I'm pretty sure I've lost all the ones I used to have, but I'll keep looking.