Hello Guest

Ford Flathead

• 3 Replies
Ford Flathead
« on: December 17, 2008, 09:48:36 AM »
I'm swapping out engines in my old (1949) forklift and ran into a waterpump problem. The engine is a 6 cylinder flathead with the distributor mounted on the front timing gear cover which makes the water pump a unique casting. The original Ford engine had the distributor in the side of the block in the old typical style, with a differently styled pump.
Napa said yep, we'll send it off. It went away before Thanksgiving and I finally put my foot down and had them return it unrepaired. Antique Power mag had an ad from a guy that turns out to be close by in Arizona. Called him and he says he can rebuild it within a couple of days. Wants $130 and postage. Napa can't do it in over a month, yet this guy can. I wonder how much Napa would have charged it they eventually repaired it?
The guys name is Mark Stout in Glendale Arizona. Anyone heard about or done any business with him?

Dave
Dave E

Ford Flathead
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 12:24:33 PM »
Dave,

I don't know how his work is, but he is a W.A.I.T. subscriber and is listed in our business directory for water pump repair.

George

Water pump
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »
He's the guy I called. Lives in Arizona, says he can fix it, wants $130 plus shipping. I'll send it to him after the holidays.
Dave E

Ford Flathead
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 09:09:27 AM »
Wonders never cease to exist.
Napa called and said they had the water pump. On the way home the guy riding with me said did you try some of the vintage Ford websites? I thought that was a hell of a good idea, so I Googled and found lots of places but no pump. Started looking at the right side of the monitor at sponsored web sites, clicked on one and was directed to ebay. Guess...new old stock for $150 buy it now price.
It's on its way........

Dave
Dave E