Hello Guest

New toy(I think-hope)

• 63 Replies

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 07:32:57 AM »
Quote from: John Hall;247
It can't burn that much fuel! It's like a recent discussuion I had with a fellow about his boat, if he can afford the boat, he can afford the fuel. If not he'll be affording a for sale sign!:rolleyes: We have already talked about limiting trips to our clubs show--but I'll save that discussion for another thread.

Other than the county fair, I've pretty much made up my mind to stay home and work on tractors.  Danny

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 09:18:27 AM »
I had sent an email to Henke Mfg. and asked if by chance they had information on my machine. While not having any information on my machine, Back in the archives Mr. Hood (Henke representative) found some photo's of interest. I thought I should put them up on the forum.

Danny

New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 09:26:11 PM »
Quote from: Danny;249
I had sent an email to Henke Mfg. and asked if by chance they had information on my machine. While not having any information on my machine, Back in the archives Mr. Hood (Henke representative) found some photo's of interest. I thought I should put them up on the forum.

Danny

Is that a sickle mower in photo #3?

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 10:01:14 PM »
Yea, that is a ready-looking machine, aint it!  Loader, grader blade and sickle mower....picture 2 is definatly an Oliver (probably 88) but can anybody tell what the other tractors are?

Danny

New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 05:52:32 AM »
Quote from: Danny;251
Yea, that is a ready-looking machine, aint it!  Loader, grader blade and sickle mower....picture 2 is definatly an Oliver (probably 88) but can anybody tell what the other tractors are?

Danny

Can't tell what the other tractors are. Is the company that made these the same that made the graders out of Farmall M's? If so, I wonder how many different brands of tractors they ever used?

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 12:47:57 PM »
Here is one that shows up at Rough and Tumble, Kinzer Pa, with a Trojan grader mounted.  Then I've heard of Farmall M's with American Road Machinery Company >graders on them.  I wonder how many companies made graders....and what arrangement they had with the tractor manufacturers.  

I have a Lessmann 25, basically an Industrial 70 with an awkward Lessmann loader.  Lessmann usually used Fordsons. However for a short time they purchased a couple railcars of Oliver 25's (Ind. 70) for their loader.  This information came from a very elderly nephew of the original Mr. Lessmann.  He was to send me more info. but you know how that goes.

I wonder if the grader manufacturers did the same thing and sold the entire unit under their own name? If this makes any sense:confused::rolleyes:

Danny
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:49:59 PM by Danny »

RG8800

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 08:29:18 PM »
Danny, looks like a unique piece of machinery. I have seen similar here. Somewhere I have an article on restoring one that was based on a Cockshutt 50. Not sure but I think the graders used for the conversion here were built by Richardson. In fact I know I have a picture of one from a farm auction sale last year. The name on the grader is "American". The tractor was non running and they had converted it to a pull type unit.
[/URL][/IMG]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 10:07:12 PM by RG8800 »
Ralph in Sask.

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 10:41:24 PM »
Quote from: RG8800;254
Danny, looks like a unique piece of machinery. I have seen similar here. Somewhere I have an article on restoring one that was based on a Cockshutt 50. Not sure but I think the graders used for the conversion here were built by Richardson. In fact I know I have a picture of one from a farm auction sale last year. The name on the grader is "American". The tractor was non running and they had converted it to a pull type unit.
[/URL][/IMG]

Holy cow  That one needs more work than mine!  It looks like the grader frame goes all the way back to the rear axle. I wonder if its attached to the axle with a U-clamp type deal.  Thats was the weakness with mine, it was mounted at the rear cultivator bar hole and bolted where the tractor originally had the pedestal. So all the weight was in the middle of the tractor. I'll have to count how many lines of weld are on my frame for repairs. Must be atleast half a dozen.   Thanks for the photo Ralph

Today in between other projects, I put a rebuilt starter on my grader and discovered the mag hasn't any fire. So off it'll go to get that rectified. Tomorrow I'll rebuild its carb. It may prove interesting the goopy goo I'll find in it:eek:

Danny
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 11:34:49 PM by Danny »

Danny

• View Profile
Grader///stuck valves///manifold
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 12:12:12 AM »
I rebuilt the carb. on the grader today and so it'll be ready when the time comes to start the engine. I guess I should have posted this earlier on but the danged thing has 2 valves that are  STUCK in a big way.  I can't get 'em to drive down or pry up. I've sprayed them with WD40 and PB blaster and hammered still nothing. Looks although somebody before me took a whack at 'em by the way one of the rocker arms is mashed on the top.  Any secret concoctions I can mix that may help free them.
        I think unless a miracle happens that I'll be taking the head off. I have a decent one that only needs a little polishing up, back on the shelf. I can put on in its place.

My second question is> I need a manifold for it. I posted on YT asking for suggestions on who to buy from. I know the YT website offers them. Has anybody had any experience buying from YT. A fella emailed me, having a China made maifold he wanted to sell. He had said it looks fine and he uses the same companies manifolds on his John Deere's and hadn't had any problems. Comments and suggestions, please

Danny

Danny

• View Profile
close up pics of grader
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 09:51:48 PM »
Here are a few more pics of my grader. I'm taking pics as I disassemble it in hopes that I'll be able to put it back together again:rolleyes:

In one pic you will see where the builder welded his name into the frame; S Sioni. Another pic I have the steering off the Grader and had taken the picture of it alongside a common Rowcrop 70 steering box.

hope you all enjoy the pics.  

Danny

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 08:15:38 PM »
Not much activity on the forum

I guess everybody's been busy.

I almost have the grader all apart. I'm thankful to have a backhoe for the heavy lifting but still theres a bunch of bull work it can't get to.

The hyd. cylinders are off and I'm now contemplating where to send them. I believe one more full day and the grader will be completely disassembled.

I have more pics to go through then I'll put them up later

Danny

New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 09:29:16 PM »
From the looks of it you are making great progress. What's the plan? Is this just a mechanical restoration or are you going to completely dissasemble and paint as you go back?

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 11:43:03 PM »
Quote from: John Hall;263
From the looks of it you are making great progress. What's the plan? Is this just a mechanical restoration or are you going to completely dissasemble and paint as you go back?

I'm going to completely disassemble it and paint it before putting it back together. My first plan was to first get it running but the two contrary valves changed it for me.  Once I took the head off there was no stopping my tearing it down.   I THINK I'll be able to get it back together!

Danny

New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 09:40:36 PM »
But will you get it dirty after the paint dries is the $1,000,000 question:D

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »
Quote from: John Hall;265
But will you get it dirty after the paint dries is the $1,000,000 question:D

I'll cross that bridge when i get to it but I think it'd be a safe bet that it won't take long for the blades paint to get scuffed.

I had to torch some of the pins holding parts of the grader together and so I've been stalled a little on them. Once past that I'll move forward in an expiditous manner or atleast until the next stall.

Things are back to being slow on the site again

Danny