Hello Guest

New toy(I think-hope)

• 63 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 01:41:18 AM »
Danny, things are slow here because for the last while I have not been able to post anything. The site will not accept my posts or photos for some reason. I am trying again, lets see what happens.
Ralph in Sask.

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 10:13:28 AM »
I had sent a "pm" to Spencer about it some time back. I'm certain he's been busy. We can reply to posts but can't start new threads.  I'm afraid if cuttin' torches, wrenches or hammers can't be used, I'm not able to fix the problem:)

Maybe if some one has a direct line to Spencer they can tell him.

Danny

RG8800

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 02:30:34 AM »
It seems to be working fine now, my picture of the Massey tractor and threshing machine came through ok. I dragged this old thresher out of the bush where it has sat the past 50 or more years and put it out on display near the highway. Might as well be out there where people can see it. I can't find a name on this machine so don't know what to call it.
Ralph in Sask.

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 03:15:19 AM »
Quote from: RG8800;270
It seems to be working fine now, my picture of the Massey tractor and threshing machine came through ok. I dragged this old thresher out of the bush where it has sat the past 50 or more years and put it out on display near the highway. Might as well be out there where people can see it. I can't find a name on this machine so don't know what to call it.

still doesn't work for me, at least when I try to start a new thead. I can reply to current threads fine.....hmmmm     Nice looking thresher, If it sat with in sight of the road here, it wouldn't last one week before it would be missing, sent to the scrap yard for a fast boat to China. Yea, its gotten that bad, the thieves:mad:

Danny

New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 07:54:03 AM »
Things aren't slowing down, you just can't post any new threads.

New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 07:59:17 AM »
Quote from: RG8800;270

Well if it is an IHC or Case it should be wrapped up in their logos on every cast iron part. Maybe Nichols and Shepard or Avery?

RG8800

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 03:16:40 PM »
Quote from: John Hall;273
Well if it is an IHC or Case it should be wrapped up in their logos on every cast iron part. Maybe Nichols and Shepard or Avery?

I don't think it is a Nichols and Shepard. I have a Red River Special which I think is a N&S thresher and it is quite different. I don't recall seeing any recognizable names on any of the castings. All I remember seeing is the size up front under the feeder. Its a fairly small looking machine compared to the Red River Special.
There are lots of these old threshers still sitting in farm yards and fields here. They never seem to bring much money at sales and its possible some of them go for scrap iron. I can't imagine anybody ever stealing one. This one I parked right beside a busy highway.
Ralph in Sask.

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 11:36:23 PM »
Quote from: Danny;267
I'll cross that bridge when i get to it but I think it'd be a safe bet that it won't take long for the blades paint to get scuffed.

I had to torch some of the pins holding parts of the grader together and so I've been stalled a little on them. Once past that I'll move forward in an expiditous manner or atleast until the next stall.

Things are back to being slow on the site again

Danny

I was able to finish drilling & melting out the pins. Now it'll be taking taking off the front axle then frame....I'll be down to just a tractor then. I wish I had more time than just an hour here and there to work on it. Just keeping everybody updated

Hard to live & make a living too

Danny

New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 11:45:22 PM »
Lack of time is why I have practically quit working on the Titan. Now that the wheat is harvested and some needed building repairs have been made around the farm, I'll see if I can squeeze it in the shop.

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2008, 06:20:01 PM »
Quote from: John Hall;288
Lack of time is why I have practically quit working on the Titan. Now that the wheat is harvested and some needed building repairs have been made around the farm, I'll see if I can squeeze it in the shop.

Yea I've been helpin' Pop put up siding yesterday on his house. The side of the house we were working on we were able to stand on the new additions roof.....Now I've told him and he knew that roof was gettin a little soft. Wanted to hold off and put tin on it after we had finished the siding.  Well the roof was more than soft, dang if I didn't fall through.....and so today guess what we were doin'.  The roof was in worse shape than I thought.    Shooo am I worn out now!!!!

Yesterday I did get an hour or so in the shop and seperated the tractor from the grader frame. Just need to get the backhoe in and move the grader frame out of the way....I didn't take any picture but I will.  I feel like I'm progressing on it....can't wait to start filling the air with the smell of paint but I'm a ways from that!

Danny

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »
Well I'm officially down to just the tractor. I have the grader attachment completely off. Here are a couple pics. Also I have 2 pics of the Lessmann loader I mentioned earlier in this thread. I'm starting to get a hankering to bring it in the shop and make it a mate to the grader.

Just to create a little buzz and show the redneck side of me, a pic of  Mad Max, the VW that thinks its a Peterbilt.....alright thats enough....Hope everybody enjoyed Independance Day

Danny

New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2008, 09:11:43 PM »
Hope you have a good memory or took some photos!!

I've got to ask, is the VW diesel powered?:D

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 10:10:18 PM »
I don't think I'll have much trouble putting 'er back together, everything seems simple enough. But yes I did take plenty of pictures, along with drawing diagrams.

The VW has the original non turbo'd engine...we turned it way up, along with some other things. It sits where it does now because I got a little cocky with it. Weighted it down, hooked it to the sled and thus ripped the front end out. Like to figure out how to make it rear wheel drive or 4wd but still keep the original engine....but that'll be a project for a later date

Danny

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »
Well I'm down to the rear now and have finished taking off brake pedals, etc. Of course behind the brake covers was full of rear oil, so I'll be putting a couple seals in. Thats pretty typical for old 70's. I also have the motor on the stand ready to be taken apart.
       Oh and I had taken the rear tires off the rims...the backhoe makes an excellent bead breaker, sure beats swingin' a hammer....still sweated my butt off w/ the tire irons the rubber was pretty dang stiff to work with.

Danny

Danny

• View Profile
New toy(I think-hope)
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008, 08:58:49 PM »
I had the chance to jump back into working on the grader. I actually have the rear hanging off  a motor hoist so I can clean it well and prepare it for paint.  The rear and transm. look to be in good shape both inside and out. Which, in fact is a miracle as everything else cast on it has been repaired or in need of repair. From the gear shift base too the seat brackets. I imagine the old thing has been run hard and slammed around hard as well.   I'm glad I let all those 70 parts take up room in my shop, they are coming in handy!

I want to get a few pics of the frame I had taken off the grader as it best tells the story of the life the grader had.  Some pictures will be put up in the near future.

Danny