Hello Guest

A few pulling pics

• 9 Replies

Danny

• View Profile
A few pulling pics
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:19:11 PM »
Here's a few pulling pics from friday night at our County fair. I was busy with my sled during the anique pull on saturday to get any picture but I'll show what I do have of the pull and tractor show

Danny

• View Profile
A few pulling pics
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 10:33:39 PM »
Over all the show and pull was a little off...just not as many people or tractors showed up as years before but it was nice seeing the regulars..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:44:06 PM by Danny »

Danny

• View Profile
A few pulling pics
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 10:50:31 PM »
These are enough pics for now....I'll need to go through and see what else I was able to get pictures of

Danny

RG8800

• View Profile
A few pulling pics
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 02:53:59 AM »
Quote from: Danny;321
These are enough pics for now....I'll need to go through and see what else I was able to get pictures of

Danny

You've been busy with the camera Danny. Nice lot of car pics there too. I have nothing to add at this time but have a few pics to scan.
Ralph in Sask.

Danny

• View Profile
A few pulling pics
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 10:52:28 AM »
Thanks Ralph, I missed a lot because of having to run the sled. Most of the day time pulling pictures were taken by other people. Its difficult to find someone willing to stay on the camera but I appreciate what they did get before boredom overtook.

Oh yea...in the first post, 3rd pic over in the firs row, I'm the fella in the black t shirt and jeans

Danny

A few pulling pics
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 10:58:31 PM »
Interesting pics--I especially liked the combine--not every day you see a MM combine. So, did you let the guy with the army truck hook to the sled?

Danny

• View Profile
A few pulling pics
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 12:55:53 AM »
Actually the guy with the Army truck is my neighbor and ATISer Dave Reed (Otto Gas Engine Works). I think last year or the year before they let him hook up to the big sled. My sled only stops up to 7500 although at Daves show one year I gave another Army truck a good work out with my sled or maybe it gave my sled a good work out.

The semi and dump truck pulls were cancelled on account of rain so if Dave was registered to pull in that, he wasn't able.

The MM combine has very little where, I believe originally maybe a small or hobby farm had it new. If it hadn't been for the owner of the combine bringing all his MM stuff we may have only had 2 of our feature tractor show up.

Danny

A few pulling pics
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 10:02:27 PM »
I was at a competition tractor pull once and the drawing card was a Mack or Peterbilt out of Ohio (I think). He had a large box mounted where the fifth wheel goes. When he took off the front end gently raised up and never thought about coming down till he backed out at the full pull line. He poured out enough smoke to block out the sun for a few moments!

The more I think about it, I don't recall ever seeing a MM combine except in pictures. I did see a Case once. Most everything here is IH or Deere. A few Massey's and Gleaners scattered about.

RG8800

• View Profile
A few pulling pics
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 01:24:38 AM »
Check out the pics in this album from the Canadian Red Power show at Moose Jaw , Sask. July 12-13. Lots of good old IH iron there.
http://picasaweb.google.com/christophereakin/IHCCollectorsShowSukanenShipMuseum2008
Ralph in Sask.

A few pulling pics
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 07:38:55 AM »
Wonderful pictures!! I didn't realize there was such a variety of IH trucks. Were 9 series trators featured or are they just that common in that area? The 2 older trators with duals, WD-40's I guess, sure looked fun to play with!