Hello Guest

Case 900 series

• 3 Replies
Case 900 series
« on: December 23, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
In the "first tractor YOU bought" thread there was mention of a few Case tractors.  Wanted to share a picture of the Case 900 that I had.  Didn't feel I could post it in the first tractor thread as it was not even in the first thirty I've owned.

It was a pretty good tractor and really sounded nice when all six cylinders were working.  Unfortunately it had a lazy cylinder and didn't run smooth until the engine had warmed up.

It also was an ether addict and first time to start each day you had to give it a little shot to get going.

Sold it last year as I've been trying to get my tractors down to a size I can legally haul on my legal trailer.

Case 900 series
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »
George;
Got one of them in the barn, but not as nice as that one. Also a 1959 model like the picture. Used it a few years ago for plow days and a little here at home till it started missing on #1 cylinder. Haven't gotten it in the shop to look at it yet.
Injector condition is critical for good stating. Put new injectors in my 700 last year and has made it start a lot easier.

Gene

RG8800

• View Profile
Case 900 series
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »
George thats a good looking 900 and typical of what we saw a lot of here a few years back. The Comfort King 930 was quite a change though with that rear mounted fuel tank and the forward (higher) positioning of the seat. A neighbour had one of the first 930 comfort kings and I got to drive it sometimes. That big 401 with the muffler so close you could almost reach out and touch it, sure sounded good. They never sounded to be working hard, just idling along at about 1700 rpm.
Ralph in Sask.

Case 900 series
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »
That's a nice looking tractor, George.  You don't see too many Case tractors down here.  I don't think there ever was a local Case dealer.