Hello Guest

Trip to Cottonwood AZ

• 3 Replies
Trip to Cottonwood AZ
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:07:37 AM »
I leave early in the morning to drive the 1500 miles to Arizona.  Will visit a couple of collectors in Idaho, then drive down through Nevada.  Will pick up a 12hp Ingeco sideshaft and 8hp Olds on Friday morning, then go to the Cottonwood show.  On Sunday we'll head home with the two engines.

Ought to be a fun trip!

Trip to Cottonwood AZ
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 09:46:19 AM »
Sounds like a Fun Trip! Please post a report when you return home.

Trip to Cottonwood AZ
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »
The trip to Cottonwood was quite an adventure!
Got about 400 miles from home, when my transmission went bad. :( Was able to turn around and make it back to the home of the guy traveling with me and we used his pickup for the trip.

South of Wells NV, out in the middle of nowhere his left front tire tread separated and we ended up buying two new front tires the next day.:(

Picked up the 8hp Olds and 12hp Ingeco without further problems and went to the Cottonwood show.  Not a large show, but very friendly and got to meet in person some people I've known but never met.  Also got a good sunburn on Friday as the Arizona sun is something I'm not used to.:o

My friend has had the 8hp Olds running, and I'm hoping to start the Ingeco this weekend if the weather clears up.  It is still sitting on my trailer and tarped, due to the wet weather.  It will most likely stay on the trailer awhile until I can find a place to put it.  At 4000+ lbs I really don't have any means of lifting the engine and will have to skid it and use rollers to position it somewhere.

Trip to Cottonwood AZ
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
Thanks for the report George. Sounds like it was a enjoyable adventure.