Hello Guest

Auction sale of old iron

• 1 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
Auction sale of old iron
« on: June 30, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »
One of the more interesting farm auction sales I have ever attended was yesterday. Long rows of rusty machinery, tractors and trucks. Some with seized engines and I don't recall any of them that were running. Huge accumulations of scrap iron with some real gems hidden away. I brought home a good clean exhaust/intake manifold for my IH BD truck engines. I spotted a pile of 50s vintage chrome bumpers stacked up like firewood under the trees, not even sold. This Farmall H looked pretty good but the rear rims had disintegrated from the chloride in the tires and it was not auctioned, as well as this front half of an L-185 IH truck. I figured the nose piece from the Cockshutt 40 tractor that was laying in the cab of this truck would likely bring as much as the entire truck if the right buyer was around.
Oh well, it was as good (or better) than a day at the museum. :)
Ralph in Sask.

Auction sale of old iron
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »
There's a real nice auction of old iron coming up the end of July in Oregon.  This is to settle an estate of a collector that liked crawlers and wheel tractors.  I'm planning on going and hoping that being a short notice and not nationally advertized that a person might be able to get some pretty good deals.