Hello Guest

Titan 10-20

• 3 Replies
Titan 10-20
« on: April 10, 2009, 10:08:23 AM »
Finally got the 1920 Titan going the other day. It belongs to a guy in Gardnerville that has had it for about 15 years. It was a true basket case when I volunteered to assist in making it run. Assist became redefined as alone, so I only worked on it when I had spare time. Did all the normal stuff, valves ect. Olson's charged about $100 for just the head gasket.
Called him yesterday and told him to come and get it, but with the rain today, I doubt it will happen. It starts by hand, usually by the 4th or 5th mag impulse.
I still think there needs to be a registry of these things because there aren't many left. By my guesstimate less than 500.
Dave E

Titan 10-20
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:15:04 PM »
4 or 5 pulls? You're actually going to send it home like that?!:p If mine doesn't crank on the second I am concerned. If it doesn't crank on the third I consider it time to look for a chain. I just ain't got enough a$$ to keep spinning it over!:D (did I forget to mention I ALWAYS prime mine)

Titan 10-20
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 10:12:12 AM »
I'm only good for about 8 pulls. If it doesn't at least fire by the 4th, then it is time to re-prime. How much gas do you use? I use the better part of an ounce (shot glass full)
Dave E

Titan 10-20
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:16:49 AM »
My primer is not definetly OSHA approved. I have a small squirt can I fill with gas. I give it one pump and it starts continually squirting gas. I actually have to unscrew the lid to stop it. It is normally enough for 3 starts. I probably begin cranking about 10 seconds after priming. And I have the choke on.