Hello Guest

Plow day

• 2 Replies
Plow day
« on: November 05, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »
In a shameless effort to rig the visitor rating of my profile page, I have added a small album with pictures of a recent plow day in our area.  This event being sponsored by the WNY Two Cylinder Club may explain  heavy presence of green and yellow paint.  Take a look.

Charlie V.

Plow day
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »
Charlie,

Nice pictures.  Looks like you had fun.

I had a plow day at my place many years ago.  Plowed with an old Oliver 4x16 trip plow.  Pulled it with my 25-45R Oilpull and with my Cat Thirty wide gauge.  Although pulling a plow with the Rumely was fun, the Cat was definitely the more comfortable one to be on.

Still got the plow but no longer have either of the tractors I last pulled it with.

Got a Oliver 99 ( 4 cyl gas) that could probably handle the 4x16, but that's the last of the big tractors I have.

Plow day
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:39:51 AM »
The Rumley and the Cat sound like fun, George.  I was only spectating at this event.  It was the first one I have been to.  I went to school with the owner of the farm, so it was a good chance to say Hello.  It looked like the guys with the garden tractors were having more fun than anyone else.  I think there were around 10 of them and with the set ups they had, they were rolling a good amount of ground.

Charlie V.