Hello Guest

Spring Sales

• 4 Replies
Spring Sales
« on: February 22, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »
If anyone knows of and decent tractor auctions in the mid-west this spring, please post them.  I'm starting to really look forward to going to a few sales when the snow melts, but haven't seen too much out there.  Even the Aumann web site has very few listed.

Spring Sales
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:42:17 PM »
Joe;

Go to auctionzip.com    Type your zip code and select the type sale you are looking for and the distance . Type zip code 43333 and select 60 miles and see the sales in west central Ohio

Been few sales here in western Ohio this winter. Last Saturday was the first weekend with any sales. The big consignment sales are starting up now. Almost weekly for the next month and half with sales at Mt. Gilead, Marysville, Kenton and a couple of others. Marion sale was last weekend, so missed it. Mt. Gilead is a big sale with 30 to 50 tractors and everything you can imagine. 2 and 3 rings going till dark.

Gene

RG8800

• View Profile
Spring Sales
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:03:41 PM »
Never many sales here in the winter as it is too cold. April is when they really get going and you could go to several sales pretty well every day in Sask. in April.  I haven't checked out the U.S. section of this site but its got lots of Canadian sales listed.
http://www.auctionhouse.com/trad_search.php?location=usa
Ralph in Sask.

Spring Sales
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 11:32:50 PM »
Ralph;
Tried Auctionhouse for Ohio and Indiana and turned up nothing. Must not be used in this area of the world.

Had choice of 3 auctions for tomorrow, but my truck is stuck in a snowdrift at the bottom of my drive and the jeep is snowbound at the top of the drive. Looks like another 3 hours digging out with the skid steer tomorrow, so will be homebound again. Lots of bad drifting today. Not all that much new snow, but the old snow plowed up along the edges of the roads make a snow fence that dumps it in the roads and my driveway

One sale was the retirement sale I posted on the main list and another retirement sale closer to home. Also a consignment sale in Bryant, Indiana.

Came home from a trip to Fort Wayne Indiana after dark and even with 4 wheel drive, the truck barely made it off the road. Strong west winds has all the north-south roads drifted near all across From Van Wert to home. Indiana has had much less snow than we have. Lots of bare ground there.

Gene

RG8800

• View Profile
Spring Sales
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 12:29:48 AM »
Gene, I didnt' check those states but did see one listed in Missouri. I know they don't get all the auctions on that site though as I have found some missing in Sask. I think it depends on the auctioneer if they show up on the site or not.
Sounds like you have a real Sask. winter there. We have it easy with little snow removal necessary so far this winter. I can still drive through the field with a round bale on the front of the Massey without getting stuck. Pretty unsusual for us and some are already talking of moisture shortage for the crops if we don't get good rains in the spring.
Ralph in Sask.