Hello Guest

Motherwell Homestead Threshing

• 6 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:23:44 AM »
Took a few pics at the Motherwell Homestead threshing demonstration on Sept. 6. One of the exhibits was this miniature Case steamer. Just like the big ones, even had a whistle :D
Ralph in Sask.

Case steamer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »
This brings a whole new meaning to the term "COMPACT TRACTOR', Ralph.  I wonder if this was the first one.

Charlie V.

RG8800

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 11:24:30 PM »
Charlie I have a feeling this CAse steamer is a fairly recent project. I should have asked the owner but there was so much to see and people to talk to that I didn't get around to it.
I spent a bit of time watching them get this old Hart Parr 30-60 started and lined up to the threshing machine.
Ralph in Sask.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 03:44:19 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures!

I think the 30-60 Hart Parr is a great looking tractor.  Never really cared that much for the sound of them compared to a big Rumely, but still a neat looking tractor.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »
George,
I wonder where that minature steam tractor that Bill Ramsden had went. I had my eye on it, but was afraid to ask what he wanted for it. More than $5k undoubtedly.

Dave
Dave E

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »
When we went to Mt Pleasant in 1996, it seemed there were at least 20 model steam tractors. They ranged from smaller than a lawn mower to slightly bigger than a Farmall Cub. They had scale-model sawmills they ran with some of the larger ones. I even remember a couple of the tiny ones in the tractor pull--they pulled a sheet of steel with cinder blocks piled on it. Needless to say the little ones didn't blow as many cinders into the crowd as the big ones did!

Hart Parr
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 07:56:15 AM »
Great pictures of both the Case steamer and the Hart Parr, Ralph.  It looks like you had an enjoyable time at a really good show.

Charlie V.