Hello Guest

Java script

• 5 Replies

RG8800

• View Profile
Java script
« on: February 07, 2010, 11:40:53 PM »
Well its way too quiet on this forum so heres a simple question. Every time I try to go to youtube and vew anything they tell me I either have an older version of javascript or it is turned off. As far as I can tell it is turned on and I have downloaded the latest version of java from their site. Still nothing changes. What am I missing?
Ralph in Sask.

Java script
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:57:50 AM »
Hi Ralph,

I will not be much help because I know little about Javascript except it wants me to allow updates from time to time. Are you running a firewall?  When I have had problems similar to yours I have sometimes found that I had unknowingly blocked the program in my firewall and told it to remember that setting.  Sometimes after days of frustration, it would be a less than a five minute fix when I finally got to the root of the problem.  Good luck and hope you get some better information.

Bill Gates, where are you?????????????????????/

Charlie V.

RG8800

• View Profile
Java script
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
Thanks for the reply Charlie. I see now I should have posted this question over in the computer help section of this forum but I guess it won't make too much difference seeing as there is little traffic on here anyway.
I don't do much at youtube because it is just painfully slow to load on dialup but recentlly got a link to an old tv program I used to like on there. I thought I'd go and see the opening credits anyway. Remember "Cannonball", the trucking series from the late 1950s?
Ralph in Sask.

Java script
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 12:48:05 PM »
Quote from: RG8800;1153
I don't do much at youtube because it is just painfully slow to load on dialup but recentlly got a link to an old tv program I used to like on there. I thought I'd go and see the opening credits anyway. Remember "Cannonball", the trucking series from the late 1950s?

I don't remember Cannonball, but do remember Movin' On which was a trucking series in the 70's.  One of the things I liked about Movin' On was their opening credits where it showed their truck going across a big bridge.  That bridge is the Columbia river bridge at Astoria Oregon.  Been across that bridge countless number of times.

George

RG8800

• View Profile
Java script
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 03:40:25 PM »
George, I recall the name "Movin on" but don't think I watched it much. Cannonball was earlier with what I beleive were early fifties snub nose trucks. The opening of that show every week was a road level view of this big old truck barreling down on the camera lens. Pretty impressive to a little kid who was new to tv. This is the link I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umvbqPUMoKg
Ralph in Sask.

Java script
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 07:54:34 AM »
Hi Ralph,

I went to the You Tube clip you mentioned.  Just to let you know that you are not missing much .  It is only a 45 second clip showing the two actors riding in the truck and a quick look at the truck.  Not an entire episode or anything like that.  -------------------------------------OOps.  Now almose 1/2 hour later.  I went back to You Tube to confirm what I was saying.  Well,,,the next door neighbor was Mac Wiseman singing "The Wabash Cannon Ball".  Guess I should watch that one, and the next one , and the next one.  Six or eight Mac Wiseman clips later, here I am back.

Have a good day.

Charlie V.

Charlie V.