Hello Guest

Posting Pictures

• 5 Replies
Posting Pictures
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
I really would like to be a part of this forum. I am struggling with uploading pictures. Why can we not upload from out PC? I think, I have to upload to something like Foki, then put in a link. To me this is NOT uploading pictures. I am not even having luck using Foki as a link.  I have been around computers for 25 years (1982) and know a little about them ..... maybe I am just getting old and bull headed.  Any one have some instruction to post pictures on this forum??

TIA Paul

ps: What is a Jr vs Sr member??  I have been on the list for several years now, and joined forum soon after it started. Do you need to make a dnation??

Posting Pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »
Quote from: pwaugh;1080
I really would like to be a part of this forum. I am struggling with uploading pictures. Why can we not upload from out PC? I think, I have to upload to something like Foki, then put in a link. To me this is NOT uploading pictures. I am not even having luck using Foki as a link.  I have been around computers for 25 years (1982) and know a little about them ..... maybe I am just getting old and bull headed.  Any one have some instruction to post pictures on this forum??

TIA Paul

ps: What is a Jr vs Sr member??  I have been on the list for several years now, and joined forum soon after it started. Do you need to make a dnation??

Hi Paul,

The picture problem is being pretty well hashed out down the forum page under Tecnnical Discussion topic, or something near that.  You are surely not the only one to have a problem trying to upload from your PC.  You might want to read the ongoing conversation in the other post where we are hoping to eventually get some resolution to the problem.  Adding a link to a Fotki picture has not been a problem for most of us.  Just copy the address of the picture from Fotki and paste it in the approopriate box in this forum.  That is also addressed in the technical discussion.  The next time that post is opened, the picture shows.

As far as I know, the way to buy your way to the senior member status is by making 100 posts.  That is how it happened for my, and I notice all of the other senior members have over 100 posts also.  I think that is like an automatic rollover.

I hope this is of help to you.

Charlie V.

Posting Pictures
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »
To extend on what Charlie said, your status only has to do with the number of posts, I became a "member" after 50 posts, with a long-term goal of being a 'senior' member before my AARP card arrives :D  It's really nothing more than an indication of how active you are.

I wonder if you picture posting problems have something to do with your connection speed.  I have a high speed connection at work and have been able to post pictures rather easily (and I know little to nothing about computers).

Posting Pictures
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »
Since Spencer changed the software the end of December I haven't been able to upload pictures.  
Nothing to do with computer connection speed as I've tried from work (high speed) and home (DSL) and neither work.  
Prior to the the change, I had no problem loading pictures.

Personally, I'd rather go back to old software version as the new software hasn't improved anything and created problems at the same time.

Unfortunately, it seems that Spencer made the changes then abandoned us again.

Paul - Start posting messages and replies and you'll become a Member or Senior Member after reaching certain number of postings.  
I'd love to be knocked from the top spot in the postings count!

Posting Pictures
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »
Haven't abandoned you, the company that provides this software has not been able to fix it.  They did just come  up with a "downgrade" of the attachment manager that should work.  I added a picture as a test.   I added a second, very small picture as a small file test because size triggered the error.   There were multiple narrow band of sizes that would work.  That s why sometimes it would work for folks.  Sorry the second isn't a tractor (no small tractor pictures).

Spencer
-------------------------------------------------
More tractors than time.....

Posting Pictures
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 10:35:17 AM »
Yahoo!!!!  I can post pictures again!

Here's a picture of my favorite attachment for my Bobcat.