Hello Guest

Lack of Posting

• 30 Replies
Lack of Posting
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:03:29 PM »
Hey Guys it been 10 Days still the last post! I know it's summer and vacation time . We can not wait for another Stimulus plan! We need posting now!

Lack of Posting
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »
Well, Merton, I posted another small album with more show pictures, but it sure seems like a ghost town on here on the sight.  One of us must be very boring.  I know it is not me!!! I don't think it is you either, so it must be one of the ghosts.  :):):eek:   Charlie

P.S.  Two of my usual summer shows that I like to attend are behind us now.  Still to look forward to are the Pageant of  Steam near Canandaigua and the WNY gas engine show at Alexander in September.  Here in NY, that probably means snowfall in just a few blinks of the eye away.

Lack of Posting
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »
Charlie V - Good to know I not on here by myself. Most of the local summer shows are over here in North Carolina. I 'm looking forward to traveling to Portland in August. Then I will make about 3 shows in the Fall. Thanks Merton

Lack of Posting
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
Hey Merton,

Would you believe I hauled my trailer 100 miles today to bring home this piece of art.  The good news--It does not belong to me, but to my brother.  The bad news--It is sitting in my back yard...:mad:

Lack of Posting
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 08:42:13 AM »
Looks like some good engineering went into it. Who Mfg'd the power unit.

Lack of Posting
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 09:52:32 AM »
Quote from: Merton;705
Hey Guys it been 10 Days still the last post! I know it's summer and vacation time . We can not wait for another Stimulus plan! We need posting now!

I check for messages almost every day.  However, I've taken a vacation from starting threads as I already have the most postings on this forum and don't like being so far ahead.

At the moment there are only 9 of us that have more than 11 postings on the forum.  That is pretty bad considering this forum has been around since the end of 2007!

I think the main problem we have is the lack of people, and especially people willing to start a thread or respond to existing ones.

Of course I also think our administrator has kind of abandoned us and hasn't done much to make this forum easier for new people to find us.  For example, the http://www.atis.net homepage doesn't have anything linking people to this forum.  So I think we're kind of like an experiment to see if a forum will generate enough interest on its own to grow without any help.

Oh well.....  I'll keep checking most every day and replying to threads if I have something to say until Spencer pulls the plug of the forums.

George

Lack of Posting
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 11:19:30 AM »
George Thanks for posting. I don't know what it takes to draw people to post and not sit on the fence. Merton

Lack of Posting
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 11:35:07 AM »
I check the boards all the time as well, but it just doesn't seem to be catching on, maybe there's just too many boards out there.  I also wonder how many people sit in front of a computer all day anymore, even the ATIS list has been lagging for the past several months.  Maybe all the questions in the antique tractor world have been answered?

Lack of Posting
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 04:55:37 PM »
Quote from: Merton;709
Looks like some good engineering went into it. Who Mfg'd the power unit.

It is a John Deere LUC, Merton.  That is the reason my brother purchased it.  He was told it was run four years ago, but we have not heard it fire so far.  There are numerous thing yet to be checked out as time permits.  500 or so resident hornets that rode home with it are somewhat pesky when the sun is up. if we had been able to get those fellas working together, they could have flown it home for us.

Charlie

Lack of Posting
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 06:16:08 PM »
I'm thinking that if we want this forum to improve we'll have to do it ourselves.

1. We need more people to start threads.  If everyone (including you:D) would start a new thread once a week that would be a start.

2. We need more people to respond to threads.  Being a lurker doesn't help.  On a low volumn forum like this, even a response saying you don't know is better than no responses.

3. Maybe we should be contacting via email some of the people that have registered but no longer seem to be using the forum.

4. Maybe we need to be sending the link to the forums to our friends to help them find the website.  As I've said before, finding this forum is not easy as I don't know of any sites that have links to it.

George

ps.   I promise to start a new thread next week.  I'm often not on during the weekend as I'm generally too busy to spend much computer time then.

Lack of Posting
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 10:38:08 AM »
Sounds like a plan. George I will also plan to post more and post with pictures. I know I enjoy pictures and the pictures can start more posts and interest. Merton

Lack of Posting
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »
Quote from: Charlie V;713
It is a John Deere LUC, Merton.  That is the reason my brother purchased it.  He was told it was run four years ago, but we have not heard it fire so far.  There are numerous thing yet to be checked out as time permits.  500 or so resident hornets that rode home with it are somewhat pesky when the sun is up. if we had been able to get those fellas working together, they could have flown it home for us.

Charlie

Hornets have a bad attitude and are hard to bargain with. I 'm waiting for winter to get here so I can be allowed to look closer at an old I-R engine that Hornets have taken ownership of. Merton

Lack of Posting
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 07:34:02 AM »
Quote from: Merton;716
Hornets have a bad attitude and are hard to bargain with. I 'm waiting for winter to get here so I can be allowed to look closer at an old I-R engine that Hornets have taken ownership of. Merton

If I can see the nest, I go out at night when they are all at home. I take a flashlight and my spray bottle of WD 40.  Just wet them down and they curl up and die on the spot.  Prevents rust at the same time.  ;);)

Off to the Pageant of steam this morning.  First day and the weather is suposed to be perfect in the mid 70's.  The golf cart is on the trailer, hooked to the truck.

Later.

Charlie V.

Lack of Posting
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »
Charlie V - Post pictures when you return.

Show pics
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 08:34:13 AM »
Quote from: Merton;722
Charlie V - Post pictures when you return.

O.K. folks.  By popular demand from Merton, I have started another album on my profile page.  More to come as time permits.

Charlie
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 08:38:07 AM by Charlie V »