Hello Guest

Hog Oilers

• 5 Replies
Hog Oilers
« on: April 04, 2011, 11:02:57 AM »
I wanted to start a new post for April 2011 and include some pictures too. I remembered my posting that had Hog oilers featured so I will repeat.  This photo is from the last show of 2010 in December. I displayed Engines and Hog Oilers at this show. Merton

RG8800

• View Profile
Hog Oilers
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
Merton, I thought I replied here yesterday but see no sign of it today so will try to remember what I said.:-)
That is a nice display of engines. I had never even heard of a hog oiler although have seen cattle oilers before.
I'm not sure, I might have been trying to post this link to a video I made on the weekend while starting up and moving a few vehicles and tractors in the shed.[video=youtube;aPYwaNErwT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPYwaNErwT4[/video]
Ralph in Sask.

Hog Oilers
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 02:26:54 PM »
Ralph  - The IH truck , Chevy two and the Deere are in great shape. Merton

Hog Oilers
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »
Ralph;

Hog oilers are common here. I have a couple I have restored. Need to get them back from my brother's.

Do you know the purpose of hog oilers?

Keeps the pigs from squealing!!!

Gene

Hog Oilers
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »
Merton would have us believe that those hog oilers are something to do with rusty animals or insects, but we know that they are an aftermarket attachment for 1930's and 40'  Harleys.  They mounted on the motorcycle to keep the drive chain properly lubricated on long trips.........................
............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Only kidding (again) Merton.

Nice display on your trailer.

Charlie V.

Hog Oilers
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
Guys _ Comments like this is what makes collecting Hog Oilers Fun. At one show I displayed my collection and a fellow collector told me he noticed more women were stopping to look at and ask about the Hog Oilers than anything else on the show grounds. So there are many advantages to having Hog Oilers. Merton