Hello Guest

Up at the farm

• 1 Replies
Up at the farm
« on: July 02, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »
I visited my dad and stepmom this past weekend, their 35th wedding anniversary, and enjoyed a nice time at the old farmstead in northeast Ohio.  They're not as young as they once were (nor am I), but they keep the place looking good.

Dean

Up at the farm
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 09:19:52 AM »
Gene,

Those are kind words in your last post, and I appreciate them.  The condition of your woods sounds similar to what ours was following the devastating ice storm in 1992.  In addition to many whole trees down, a lot more were just broken off at 20 to 25 feet up where the limbing on the trunk started.  Most were white ash and trees with missing upper portions are probably still visible  now.  Quite a sock to see.

Great photo of your Dad's place, Dean.  It sure is pretty and colorful.

I was out and about in the late afternoon last weekend and spotted a large field laid with neat windrows of golden wheat straw with a baler busily putting out the old fashioned square bales and dropping them on the ground.  I am glad I do not have to pick them up.  I did enough of that when I was young and able.  Up on a slight hill further back was another field of wheat with the combine making more windrows to bale.  

On Saturday while taking a glance on my checking account I noticed a problem.  It seems that a check that had been sent to my insurance agent from the banks electronic bill pay had cleared, but also an electronic debit from the insurance COMPANY for the same $$$ amout showed up. Well now!  How does that happen? I called the agent and got no explanation and the bank was closed.  Yesterday I got mobile and drove to Mendon to talk it over with the bank.  Not us they said.  We did not pay this. It was an electronic funds transfer done by the insurance company so someone supplied them with your banking information.  Not me, I said.  It would have to be the agent.  Off to Bloomfield I went to have a little heart to heart and face to face with the Agency.  They did a little checking and found their mess up which allowed this to happen.  While at the bank I signed a form to allow the bank to vacuum the extra amount right back into my account.  I guess all is well that ends well, but what a pain.  What this ramble is leading up to is that while driving down RT. 64 on yesterdays beautiful, sunny morning I passed yet another field of golden wheat just starting to fall to a combing.  About two rounds had been cut, the rest standing proudly.  What a great picture, but due to my original mission I did not bring a camera.

Charlie V.