Hello Guest

Tractor Storage

• 4 Replies
Tractor Storage
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »
Since I am in the middle of transfering from one place to another, I lost my tractor storage for the winter, as it became a crud shop.  I bought material to shrinkwrap my pontoon, and thought, why not.
Today we started shrink wrapping the JD 60. I have inclosed, and here is a picture of my son using our 'torch' to shrink wrap.

RG8800

• View Profile
Tractor Storage
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 01:01:08 AM »
Quote from: pwaugh;1342
Since I am in the middle of transfering from one place to another, I lost my tractor storage for the winter, as it became a crud shop.  I bought material to shrinkwrap my pontoon, and thought, why not.
Today we started shrink wrapping the JD 60. I have inclosed, and here is a picture of my son using our 'torch' to shrink wrap.

Thats an interesting solution to storage. I'm sure it will be better than sitting out in the sun and rain. Main thing is to keep it tight enough that the wind won't cause flapping and eventually loosening it. I had that happen with a tarp on a car years ago and it eventually damaged the paint and wrecked the tarp.
Ralph in Sask.

Tractor Storage
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:19:53 PM »
Hi Ralph

The srink wrap gets pretty darn tight, biggest trick is not to have metal touching it on sharp corners. As I take more pictures, the tractor shape will look funny becasue of blocks of wood under the shrink wrap.
Snowing here today, too much for shrining

Paul

Tractor Storage
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:01:28 AM »
Interesting idea!
Looking forward to seeing the photos of the finished shrink wrap job.

George

Tractor Storage
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »
I got it started just in time, been snowing every since, and supposed to snow another 2 days. I don't have much to do tofinish shrinking it.
Paul