Hello Guest

threshing with a Titan

• 2 Replies
threshing with a Titan
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:37:52 PM »
This is my 1920 Titan 10-20 hooked to dads early 50's model Canadian built IHC thresher. The thresher has had the blower removed and a conveyor installed--previous owner dropped the straw right into a New Holland baler. Without the blower we had plenty of power--we were able to keep the conveyor loaded--heads on one bundle touching the tails on the next.

RG8800

• View Profile
threshing with a Titan
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 02:38:12 AM »
Quote from: John Hall;287
This is my 1920 Titan 10-20 hooked to dads early 50's model Canadian built IHC thresher. The thresher has had the blower removed and a conveyor installed--previous owner dropped the straw right into a New Holland baler. Without the blower we had plenty of power--we were able to keep the conveyor loaded--heads on one bundle touching the tails on the next.

John, thanks for those photos. Great scenes of the thresher working. The titan loooks familiar. I may have a similar one in a picture here from a parade some 40 years ago. I see you have a fairly new thresher on rubber tires. Any I have seen here are on steel.
Ralph in Sask.

threshing with a Titan
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »
Yep, one of the last ones built. Around '52 or '53 the guy that purchased the thresher drove to the midwest to pick it up so he didn't have to pay the freight (train). He hauled it back on a 1 1/2 ton Ford flatbed--talk about beign fully loaded! He used it until the late 50's until the hitch pin came out while going up a hill. Thresher went backwards into a ditch and turned over breaking a HUGE belt pulley and a couple smaller pieces. They brought it on home and put it under a shed. Instead of fixing it he bought a pull type combine and left it under the shed until he was ready to tear the building down in the early '90s. Then we came along....