Hello Guest

ATTN: John Deere Owners

• 5 Replies
ATTN: John Deere Owners
« on: September 24, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »
We now know from reading the ATIS list that Dean VP is signed onto this forum.  Most of us know that Mr. VP has a boatload of John Deere knowledge which he is great about sharing with others.  Have any Green tractor questions??  Lets hammer Dean.

Disclaimer:
Note:  This is strictly my opinion and is not at this point sanctioned or approved by Dean VP.

Re: ATTN: John Deere Owners
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 09:51:20 PM »
Charlie, I haven't been hammered yet

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 11:08:28 PM »
Hey Dean,
I hear you.  It has only been 3 1/2 years since that post.  I guess we have to give it time to percolate.  Could it be the old 2 cylinders run so well that there are no problems to incite qu questions

Charlie>>.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 08:04:11 PM »
I actually did have a John Deere concern for a while a few months ago.   The seat on my 620 suddenly seemed to tilt down toward the front of the tractor, so I was thinking the shock absorber must have gotten "sprung" or some such thing and would need to be replaced.  I ignored it for a while, intending to look into it once the weather got warmer.   But I eventually noticed (duh!) that the seat suspension arms had somehow popped free from the pins that support them on the front side of the battery box, and just needed to be set back in place.  Easy fix.  I'm not sure how they came off to begin with, but I suspect it happened when I was using the rear blade to level some ground where I'd recently burned out some big stumps... the blade caught a root and stopped forward motion of the tractor, causing (a) the front end to suddenly rise, (b) me to grab the clutch lever while cursing my stupidity, and (c) the front end to drop back down.   Must have been enough of a jolt to bounce the ends of those suspension arms off their posts.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, and the 620 is back to normal and I'm a bit wiser about use of that blade.

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 11:50:52 AM »
Amazing how many G forces are in a dead stop; even at very slow speeds (-:

I love that picture of your tractor and house. 

I actually did have a John Deere concern for a while a few months ago.   The seat on my 620 suddenly seemed to tilt down toward the front of the tractor, so I was thinking the shock absorber must have gotten "sprung" or some such thing and would need to be replaced.  I ignored it for a while, intending to look into it once the weather got warmer.   But I eventually noticed (duh!) that the seat suspension arms had somehow popped free from the pins that support them on the front side of the battery box, and just needed to be set back in place.  Easy fix.  I'm not sure how they came off to begin with, but I suspect it happened when I was using the rear blade to level some ground where I'd recently burned out some big stumps... the blade caught a root and stopped forward motion of the tractor, causing (a) the front end to suddenly rise, (b) me to grab the clutch lever while cursing my stupidity, and (c) the front end to drop back down.   Must have been enough of a jolt to bounce the ends of those suspension arms off their posts.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, and the 620 is back to normal and I'm a bit wiser about use of that blade.

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio

-------------------------------------------------
More tractors than time.....

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 01:41:32 PM »
Test