Hello Guest

Vertical engines

• 6 Replies
Vertical engines
« on: November 30, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »
Dave,

For awhile it seemed like I was buying more vertical engines that horizontal ones.  In some ways I kind of prefer the verticals and they generally take up less space than the horizontals.

However, the last couple of engines I've gotten have been horizontals.

I just traded away one of my verticals for the horizontal tank cooled I'm getting, so I think the collection is back to being more horizontals than verticals.  I'll have to do a count and see what the leader.

So here's a little poll for the group.  Do you have more vertical engines or more horizontal engines in your collection?

I don't know if the forum has a way of doing polls, but if it has, maybe someone could create a poll asking the above question.

George

Vertical engines
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 05:46:07 PM »
Keerist, now I gotta go count.....
Get back tomorrow,
Dave
Dave E

Vertical engines
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »
I have 6 verticals and I'm down to about 4 horizontal engines that I can remember. Most are covered up on pallets high up on racks and without climbing up there this is my best guestimate. I was at a show last year and spotted a guy I knew with a neat 3 or 4 horse horizontal Galloway. I told him I think I have one of those and he said no, this is it. CRS...
The horizontals come and go, but as I said earlier I'm gathering verticals at the moment. Subject to change anytime...
Dave E

Vertical engines
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 09:32:41 PM »
If you have so many engines you can't remember how many you have, you guys have iron fever BAD!!

Vertical engines
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:42:42 AM »
I agree I've got iron fever bad:D

I used to think a dozen nice engines was a good size collection.  But then you find a deal you can't pass up and the next thing you know you're getting close to 20 engines.

Maybe two dozen is a good size collection :D

In any case I don't that big of a collection.  I know a lot of collectors with collections that are many times larger.

My collection still fits in a 30x60 pole barn and half of that is my shop.  So until I need another building (actually I do) I don't think my engine collection is all that large.

Vertical engines
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 10:32:35 PM »
Our chainsaw collection started out innocent enough and now numbers close to 50. We quit buying them several years ago, except for a rare unuaual machine at a great price. Every once in a while we look at one and just wonder where it came from.

Vertical engines
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 10:35:45 AM »
Quote from: GeorgeBest;435
I agree I've got iron fever bad:D

My collection still fits in a 30x60 pole barn and half of that is my shop.  So until I need another building (actually I do) I don't think my engine collection is all that large.

Yea but or is it yeabut?  We didn't mention restored tractors that have to live inside too....................
Dave E